Question Help me figure this out, please: Evenflo Serenade Infant Seat vs Evenflo Secure Ride

Jenny487

Our hospital sends an infant seat out when you have a baby there. This is the pattern they give out and I can only find it in the Serenade (Honeycomb Baja):

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Serenade-Infant-Seat-Honeycomb/dp/B003NGI122/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377659135&sr=8-2&keywords=evenflo+secure+ride+35"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Serenade Infant Car Seat, Honeycomb Baja: Baby[/ame]

However, I asked one of the L&D nurses I know, and she says the seat is the Evenflo Secure Ride 35 and actually looked at her own seat and this is what it was labeled.

What are the differences between the Serenade and the Secure Ride and is it possible that Evenflo makes this pattern in the Secure ride model for special organizations like hospitals or something?

I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a seat or go with the free one. Any opinions? (In the past, others said not to take the free seat so others who can't afford one can. Everyone is offered the seat, it is not based on income, it's already in the room when you show up to deliver :) )

Thanks!

ADS

MommyShannon

Wow! I don't know anything about those seats, but as long as the harness adjusts from the front, I'd take the free one! I don't use infant seats for very long though. I skipped it this last time altogether.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I haven't heard that particular model name either. Please be sure to check the manual, typically evenflo infant seats require 1.5" of clearance and all but one model requires the handle to be down. Obviously I can't say for sure since I'm not familiar with this seat. Usually the clearance is addressed in the warning section

Jenny487

I am aware of the Evenflo handle rule. I have found a friend who is no longer using her seat from the hospital so I can install it and see what I think, and double check that the handle can be back. I should have plenty of room though. I am hoping it has the EPS foam, as I understand one difference between the Serenade and the Secureride is the foam. It will be installed with the seatbelt, as there is no latch in that position. I was considering a B-Safe or Keyfit for the lockoffs to make installation easy and secure.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmm... I only know about the SecureRide e3.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Secureride-Infant-Seat-Racer/dp/B0050HVVLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377825376&sr=8-1&keywords=evenflo+secure+ride+35"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Secureride E3 Infant Car Seat, Gray Racer: Baby[/ame]

nannykates

Both seats look quite similar to me (surelatch, same base, infinite harness adjust) I think we have a case of car seat clones on our hands!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC