Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Recall

2007 Recall

Does anyone know if Dorel will still send out repair kits for expired AOE involved in the 2007 Transport Canada recall?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2007 Recall

You could try calling Dorel to find out. Why would you want a repair kit for an expired seat though? The seat should no longer be used and should be disposed of.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

4. Thank You from:

Bit of a complicated situation with carpooling. I'm hoping that Dorel won't even send out a repair kit because the seat has been expired for two years now. I'm not sure what to do if they do end up sending out a repair kit.

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manitobamimi View Post
    Bit of a complicated situation with carpooling. I'm hoping that Dorel won't even send out a repair kit because the seat has been expired for two years now. I'm not sure what to do if they do end up sending out a repair kit.
    Does the owner of the seat know that it is expired? There is absolutely no point in repairing an expired seat which is already dangerous simply due to age, IMO.
    -Angela

Posted background info on the situation in coffee break. The Dorel website allowed me to order the fix kit even though the seat was expired.
    Last edited by manitobamimi; 09-25-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Re: 2007 Recall

Were these seats not 8 years?
    Shalan - CRST - I
    DS#1 10yr, 54in & 62lbs. Affix.
    DS#2 7yr, 44in & 41lbs. Diono Cambria.
    DS#3 5yr, 42in & 38lbs. FF in Radian Premier and Complete Air.

Riding in a 2015 Caravan and a 2013 Corolla.

Quote Originally Posted by smackeen View Post
    Were these seats not 8 years?
    Yes, they were but in her other thread she says the DOM is 2004. Recall was in 2007.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Ah, ok. Missed the DOM.
    Shalan - CRST - I
    DS#1 10yr, 54in & 62lbs. Affix.
    DS#2 7yr, 44in & 41lbs. Diono Cambria.
    DS#3 5yr, 42in & 38lbs. FF in Radian Premier and Complete Air.

Riding in a 2015 Caravan and a 2013 Corolla.