Any Canadians going to IKEA this week?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If so and you'd be willing to ship me a couple bed rails (that they discontinued and no longer have available online so I can't order them myself and once store stock is gone they aren't getting more), please send me a PM. Thanks!

ADS

itzmeigh

I'm not Canadian (furthest thing from it actually I think hahaha!). And we won't be going to Ikea this week.

BUT! We do have an Ikea trip planned for some weekend in September.

If no one else can help you out I'd be willing to have a look at the Houston Ikea.

Keeanh

Generally shipping's cheaper from the US, so you might as well ask everyone, not just Canadians. I'm about 4.5 hours from Ikea, so I'm not much help, sorry.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Generally shipping's cheaper from the US, so you might as well ask everyone, not just Canadians. I'm about 4.5 hours from Ikea, so I'm not much help, sorry.

I didn't want to have to worry about potential duty charges and the brokerage fee from CP (not that that's expensive but we're talking $24 for rails here so I'd like to not have to pay an extra $9 service/brokerage fee if possible). I've also found that USPS has significantly increased their shipping rates so I'm thinking within Canada would work better for me. I didn't want someone to bring them home and then calculate shipping from the USA and have it be more than I was willing to spend.

Sadly, cost is an issue for me when it never was before so I'm trying to think ahead.

I do need them though so I will consider getting them from someone in the USA.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh and I did have an awesome offer from a Canadian already, but unfortunately my aura that dooms things without my knowledge has it so that the she goes to one of the two IKEA stores that have none in stock. BAH!

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's possible I could stop this week at the Vaughn, ON location - if they have them in stock let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Alison's Mom

I can go to Coquitlam next week, or potentially Richmond tomorrow if you're totally desperate, but aren't they on strike or something in Richmond?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's possible I could stop this week at the Vaughn, ON location - if they have them in stock let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Vaughn has nothing. :( Thanks though.

I can go to Coquitlam next week, or potentially Richmond tomorrow if you're totally desperate, but aren't they on strike or something in Richmond?

Richmond has nothing (maybe because they are on strike?) and Coquitlam has only 3...BAH.

Seems Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg along with a couple Ontario stores have the most.

SEE? DAMN IKEA? LOL!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Do you need more than 3?

No, I need 2. But the stock has been dwindling quickly since bed frames and associated items for frames are on sale right for 15% off. I've been watching stores sell out over the past week. So I'd bet Coquitlam will be out prior to or on the long weekend.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is this what your looking for? http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/30099293/
I have one you could have for shipping or I could send the hardware and you can drill some holes in a 1x4 and paint it.

Yes, that's it! And it's really just a 1x4 with rounded corners? We've got cedar here of that size we could use. Damn I wish you had two! Not sure the shipping for one will be much different than two! Okay, don't let yours go anywhere yet...I'll let you know.

Last edited:

agave

It's about 3/4"x3"x35" I think a 1x4 would work fine. Just the hardware would be a lot cheaper to ship. Don't worry the dog is using the toddler bed, he could care less if it has a bed rail or not and it's not in my way, I'd almost forgotten it was there.

Eta: it's fiberboard so a 1x4 would be an upgrade

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's about 3/4"x3"x35" I think a 1x4 would work fine. Just the hardware would be a lot cheaper to ship. Don't worry the dog is using the toddler bed, he could care less if it has a bed rail or not and it's not in my way, I'd almost forgotten it was there.

Eta: it's fiberboard so a 1x4 would be an upgrade

Cool. Ya I think this will work. I sent DH a message to see if he's cool with doing it for me (I'm so tired lately I don't want to be anywhere near a power saw...LOL). I'll let you know today.

I posted an ISO as well to see if I can find another. I didn't even think of finding them used. I am dense sometimes. :p

geekKT

Hey, if you don't find what you need, I was tentatively thinking I'd hit IKEA this week, if there's any way for me to help you out.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hey, if you don't find what you need, I was tentatively thinking I'd hit IKEA this week, if there's any way for me to help you out.

Uh ya! Edmonton has 50 in stock right now! I don't need them for a few weeks, I was just trying to buy them reasonably quickly since they are discontinued and stores are running out. And with them on sale right now until Sept. 9, higher chance of them going quick. IKEA reminds me of Costco that way, they can have a ton of something, then 3 hours later there is nothing!

Let me know if you're going!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'll look for a box or envelope.

Hold off for a bit as geekKT is heading to Ikea tomorrow so may be able to help me out. I figure it's easier for me to get both at once if at all possible otherwise it's up in the air whether I can get a second easily.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC