So, I love my pria

mominabigtruck

But seriously, what is up with the non removable headrest cover???

I admit it, my kids are filthy beasts who are always eating and drinking in the van but who's bright idea was it to make a big part of the seat not washable? It's really, really driving me crazy. To the point where I'm about to cut the little straps and take it off because its really dirty and I think it smells funny.

ADS

Lenae

But seriously, what is up with the non removable headrest cover???

I admit it, my kids are filthy beasts who are always eating and drinking in the van but who's bright idea was it to make a big part of the seat not washable? It's really, really driving me crazy. To the point where I'm about to cut the little straps and take it off because its really dirty and I think it smells funny.

I totally took the headrest cover off and washed it.... :whistle: It came off with a little difficulty, and went back on a bit easier.

thekatie

Woahhhh, for real? Is it intuitive how to get the headrest off? I've never even looked since the manual says no, but it is F.I.L.T.H.Y(!) disgusting...

jasminegrl

the way i read the manual was not to take the air cushions off the headrest not that the cover couldn't be removed..... I have taken it off on multiple occasions because it has been vomited on and there was no way spot cleaning was okay in my book.

thekatie

I never tried because right under the final step in how to remove the seat pad for cleaning, it said in bold "The headrest pad is not removable." But I am absolutely willing to try... the pale gray shows every little water stain from rain, sweat, water bottles, drool, everything. Everything! And you're right, spot cleaning doesn't help.

Kel

I was told NOT to remove the headrest cover by Dorrel. But I can't see why.....Of course they also told me I could go by the 1" rule.

valleyfam

Not related but just had to say at first glance I read this as "I love my prius". I was going mommainabigtruck loves her prius now that's new. Need to slow down a bit when I'm glancing the forum huh?

mominabigtruck

Not related but just had to say at first glance I read this as "I love my prius". I was going mommainabigtruck loves her prius now that's new. Need to slow down a bit when I'm glancing the forum huh?

Lol

I think it would go against the manual to bungee cord seats to the roof.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC