Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    pigdog

Question Advice on Multiple Car Seats

Hi- I posted once before, but wasn't registered and couldn't reply to any posted questions regarding my question. I would like to try again.

Here is my info: DD-9mo 22lbs not sure on length & DS-3yrs 43lbs 39" tall

Vehicles:

Mine-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, latch/tether (will be getting a larger SUV in January)

DH-2007 Crew Cab Dodge pickup, latch/tether, seat depth about 16"

Grandma-Older Mazda 626, no latch, no tether, not very high seat back/headrest (slightly elvated over the bench portion of the seat).

Current Carseats:

Mine-Triumph Deluxe for DD (rf'ing no tether), MA for DS (ff w/ tether)

DH-EB 3in1 as booster (I want to replace this seat w/ hwh)

Grandma-Need new seats (kids have outgrown)

I have purchased a Regent for DS in my car and a FP Voyager for DS in Grandma's car.

I want to put DD in the MA rfing w/ tether in my car, and use the triumph as spare for DH's car. Of course, I am not sure how long we will be able to use it because of the short shell.

I need another high weight harness for my DS in my DH's truck. Was considering the Radian (worried about install-thought about ordering from elite and purchsing return insurance), also thought about Regent (worried it will be way too big). Do you guys have any suggestions?

I also need another carseat for DD in grandma's car. I was considering the Scerna. Do you guys have any suggestions? It needs to be a fairly easy install w/ the seatbelt.

I have found this site to be extremely helpfull! I consider myself to be a fairly educated person, but had no idea about the weight limits on the latch system, I was also clueless about most harness only working to 40lbs. Thanks goodness I read about those important things on your site. However, I have read so much, I am just confused as to what would best for our situation. So, just looking for some guidance and/or opinions.

Thanks!!!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Advice on Multiple Car Seats

I would wait and get the Regent before you decide on whether you want 2 of them or not. I would really think about getting the Radian though because your younger one could use it later.

I would get a Scerena and use the Triumph, but have your mom practice/try to install both and see which she likes better, but she is using the seatbelt.

Stefanie