Advice on Multiple Car Seats

P

pigdog

Hi- I posted once before, but wasn't registered and couldn't reply to any posted questions regarding my question. I would like to try again.

Here is my info: DD-9mo 22lbs not sure on length & DS-3yrs 43lbs 39" tall

Vehicles:

Mine-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, latch/tether (will be getting a larger SUV in January)

DH-2007 Crew Cab Dodge pickup, latch/tether, seat depth about 16"

Grandma-Older Mazda 626, no latch, no tether, not very high seat back/headrest (slightly elvated over the bench portion of the seat).

Current Carseats:

Mine-Triumph Deluxe for DD (rf'ing no tether), MA for DS (ff w/ tether)

DH-EB 3in1 as booster (I want to replace this seat w/ hwh)

Grandma-Need new seats (kids have outgrown)

I have purchased a Regent for DS in my car and a FP Voyager for DS in Grandma's car.

I want to put DD in the MA rfing w/ tether in my car, and use the triumph as spare for DH's car. Of course, I am not sure how long we will be able to use it because of the short shell.

I need another high weight harness for my DS in my DH's truck. Was considering the Radian (worried about install-thought about ordering from elite and purchsing return insurance), also thought about Regent (worried it will be way too big). Do you guys have any suggestions?

I also need another carseat for DD in grandma's car. I was considering the Scerna. Do you guys have any suggestions? It needs to be a fairly easy install w/ the seatbelt.

I have found this site to be extremely helpfull! I consider myself to be a fairly educated person, but had no idea about the weight limits on the latch system, I was also clueless about most harness only working to 40lbs. Thanks goodness I read about those important things on your site. However, I have read so much, I am just confused as to what would best for our situation. So, just looking for some guidance and/or opinions.:confused:

Thanks!!!!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would wait and get the Regent before you decide on whether you want 2 of them or not. I would really think about getting the Radian though because your younger one could use it later.

I would get a Scerena and use the Triumph, but have your mom practice/try to install both and see which she likes better, but she is using the seatbelt.

Stefanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC