Click connect 40?

koda&phiasmama

It doesn't look like there was ever a full review done for this seat on the blog ? And I see people here recommending the classic connect more often. Just looking for the general opinion the seat, trying to decide between this and 2 others if we go the bucket route.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love the CC40, put a newbie in it and she looked like she was floating in a form-fitted cloud (not to mention most awesome install the mom had ever seen in her old Expedition, even without her dh's favorite mighty-tite :rolleyes:).
A little heavier than the Click Connect 35 if you have to carry it, but really not bad for how nice and tall the height limit is and how well it fits wee ones.
The only reason I'd ever recommend the Classic Connect is if you have an older stroller (it's taking for-ev-er for other stroller companies to make Click-adapters, even the Graco double doesn't fit them).

koda&phiasmama

I love the CC40, put a newbie in it and she looked like she was floating in a form-fitted cloud (not to mention most awesome install the mom had ever seen in her old Expedition, even without her dh's favorite mighty-tite :rolleyes:).
A little heavier than the Click Connect 35 if you have to carry it, but really not bad for how nice and tall the height limit is and how well it fits wee ones.
The only reason I'd ever recommend the Classic Connect is if you have an older stroller (it's taking for-ev-er for other stroller companies to make Click-adapters, even the Graco double doesn't fit them).

Awesome thanks ! I don't plan on carrying it much or putting it in a stroller so no problems there :)

MotoMommaNH

Personally, I don't use infant buckets past 5-6 months or so and being that the cc40 could maybe rear face to 2 years old and you'd have to buy a convertible anyways, I just don't see the point in spending the extra cash on it. :duck:
But that's my opinion. I guess if you have average to smaller than average sized kiddos and only plan on rear facing until 2ish, I guess its a good seat for that! Or maybe there are other advantages I'm missing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I mostly like the basically foolproof install and tall height limit and easy adjustments and marketing getting the RF to two message out. I was mainly a babywearer and used convertibles RF, but ended up loving my infant seat for my third child, because it allowed her to fit much more easily into my already-full life with older kids (one time we went out to eat when she was 15 months and napping in the bucket? Priceless experience, lol). Also good for people who travel by plane/taxi/friend's cars, bucket is almost always easier than any convertible.

So for mom q public who can't wait to FF at 1 but just got the RF to 2 message, it's a good deal (I see way, way too many kids crammed into buckets because parents are waiting for them to hit the weight limit, without regards to height limit. Sigh. It was the same way with the tiny pegs and snugrides back when kids were crammed in THOSE till they hit one. Double sigh). And for parents who can't install seats with the right recline, or who want a solid lockoff for a center belt install (Graco doesn't have any other base with a lockoff at BRU), it's great.

Anyway, I could go on, lol. I run into such a plethora of misuses of infant seats, that one that's relatively straightforward for people to get right just makes me happy (even the Key Fit...uh, duh people, there are different harness slots for a reason...why can't that thing have a no-rethread headrest, anyway???) :D

For most of us, it may well be too much money for too much infant seat, yeah.

koda&phiasmama

I keep going back and forth on skipping the bucket or getting the longest lasting one. We drive a Durango and unless I can get my RXT installed nicely in the center of the second row I will have 2 rf in that row and a booster in the third and in order for DS to easily exit the car an infant seat that can be lifted in and out quickly is going to be a must until we can trade in this car. Now if I get my center seatbelt install center with the RXT and high base convertible next to it that problem will be solved!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC