Question What stroller do i want?

Keeyamah

I need some kind of double stroller for my boys. I want it to have somewhat larger wheels to handle uneven ground and be fairly easy to push with a large amount of weight in it. My boys are both 90-95% for height and weight, Quinn will be 4 and is already 45lbs, Sean is a year and almost 27lbs (26lbs 11oz) and following right in big bros foot steps, so I expect him to be 40lbs by 2.5 yrs old.

Unless someone knows of an add on Buggie board type thing that is rated really high. Most of them I found (along with other sit and stands) were only rated to 40lbs.

Open to any kind, jogging, etc. to get what I want, but I will likely be buying second hand, especially for a higher end one.

ADS

Mary_Ann

I love my b-ready! Dd1 will be 5 in 2 months, she is 41" and 43lbs and dd2 is 6 mo, 24" and 17lbs. The stroller is heavy, but not hard to push. The 2nd seat is smaller and has a 35lbs limit, so i don't know how a big toddler fits in.

I never tried stroller board, but the reviews of the britax board are mostly negatives. Maybe a BJ city select with a buggy board? The adjustable handle bar might makes it easier to push.

Keeyamah

Bah for having big kids.

The B-ready's second seat only goes to the 35lbs, which my kids reach between 2 and 2.5. The BOB has a maximum height of 44” and Quinn is already 43”.

So it's either use them above height or weight limits, something else, or I'm screwed, lol. Maybe a bike trailer?

ebp913

BOB Duallie

:yeahthatlove:

It's the best push. It sounds like you are really going to want air tires and the BOB is pretty amazing. They are also easier to find used and since they are such high quality, many used ones will still be in really good shape.

jordansmom

My big for their age niece and nephew both used the BOB Duallie until four years of age. It does have a shorter than others seat back though. Very easy push!

What about a Baby Jogger City Elite double? I'm pretty sure they discontinued the double version, but if I remember correctly, they fit bigger kids well.

Or a Valco Trimode double...you could always add on the Joey seat for a third if you needed it. Love our valco! Actually I have two! ;)

I personally would not go with a front back/tandem style with children of yours ages and sizes.

Definitely check your local Craigslist...any of the three I mentioned are regularly on ours for under $300 in very good shape.

Keeyamah

So locally I can find the BOB's, but not the others. They are going for a little over $300-$450. Which isn't bad looking at the condition of them in the pics (excellent to very good, most look like they weren't used enough to justify having bought it new, lol).

Now to convince DH and maybe see if anyone is willing to take payments (not likely but worth a shot).

ebp913

So locally I can find the BOB's, but not the others. They are going for a little over $300-$450. Which isn't bad looking at the condition of them in the pics (excellent to very good, most look like they weren't used enough to justify having bought it new, lol).

Now to convince DH and maybe see if anyone is willing to take payments (not likely but worth a shot).

I find that a lot of times people buy a jogging stroller because their friend or whoever told them they had to have it but if they aren't outdoorsy and don't jog they never use it! It's a great way to get a good deal if you can find a good used one.

Keeyamah

I find that a lot of times people buy a jogging stroller because their friend or whoever told them they had to have it but if they aren't outdoorsy and don't jog they never use it! It's a great way to get a good deal if you can find a good used one.

Yeah, we aren't totally outdoorsy, but that's changing a little. And then the fact that my kids are huge, pushing them in umbrella strollers is hard. But if I can convince DH to go for a third, this would get a lot of use :)

finn

Did you want a side by side double? If not the phil & teds are pretty good for bigger/older kids, have air tyres and are super easy to push.

Keeyamah

Did you want a side by side double? If not the phil & teds are pretty good for bigger/older kids, have air tyres and are super easy to push.

How easy is it for kids to climb in and out of those on their own? That my only worry about getting an inline vs side by side. Of course I have monkey boys, so it might not matter, lol.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Mountain Buggy Urban Double.

Or Easywalker Duo (I think was sold as Duowalker Sky here) but those are very rare to find used, MBUD comes up more often. I have a MBUD and it's one of the best purchases I ever made.

Keeyamah

Well, its all moot now. DH has nixed any double stroller of any kind do to how well Quinn handled all the walking at the fair. Bugger, sometimes I hate being a responsible couple that discusses big purchases.

I might be able to get a new double bike trailer if I let him get a new TV, though, lol.

bpirof

Well, its all moot now. DH has nixed any double stroller of any kind do to how well Quinn handled all the walking at the fair. Bugger, sometimes I hate being a responsible couple that discusses big purchases.

I might be able to get a new double bike trailer if I let him get a new TV, though, lol.

How about an uppababy or b ready with the board she can ride on... 4 year olds get tired eventually!!! Lol

Keeyamah

How about an uppababy or b ready with the board she can ride on... 4 year olds get tired eventually!!! Lol

I doubt it, the other part of it was the price of all of these, and "how little" we use our current stroller (cheap Costco one). Also, looking at most of those boards, I can see those little bitty wheels having issues on grass..... But we'll see.

babyherder

If you do end up with a double stroller I'd consider if your kids will ride better side by side or front and back. I've used side by side strollers and the kids can reach each other and mess with each other and the only way to separate them is to take one out. With my current back and front double strollers my nanny girls bother each other a lot less than if they were sitting side by side. The back one can kick the front one's seat but they know if they do that I'll switch them and let the kicker sit in the front and get kicked. I've used a phil and teds and it did push and steer very nicely. However, I kept kicking the back seat when I walked. The kids couldn't really interact with each other at all which is a positive and negative.

YinzerMama

I have a Bob single and a Bob double. Was going to sell the double last fall but had a bunch of low ball jackwagon offers so kept it and am glad I did because I got a lot of use out of it this summer still. I have a 2yo boy and 2 5yo girls and I COULD get by without a stroller for the 5yos - my oldest never rode in one past 3 - but it made for less whining at amusement parks as well as let me take my more rambunctious girl walking the five mile loop at the park. There is a big section where she will run but also a section that goes along roads where I don't want her walking.

The nice thing about the old bobs is a kid can sit on the nose so you can push two kids with a single and 3 kids with a double - maybe even 4. So if you think your older one will only ride sometimes a single will help you. It's not super comfy and it's an in a pinch solution, not something you would do for miles and miles of walking, but it works.

I have had a B-ready and it's a nice stroller but for uneven ground etc you want big air filled tires. Plus my kids were always happy long term side by side. They fight but it's stupid fighting with each other stuff at least, not fighting over who is getting shafted on the view.

Unless you plan to walk somewhere the older kid shouldn't be walking - ie trafficy areas on a shoulder - look for a single and he can hitch a ride when tired, hop off when he's done.

Never liked the buggy boards myself. Had one with a valco and I just felt like the kid was in my way and having to balance gets tiring on them anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC