What new seats to look at

erind

DS is almost even with the top slots of the radian in my mother's car. I know it says it can be used with shoulders over the to slots but not sure I like that. He will be 5 next month but I am not sure I am ready to booster him either. She drives a 2002 convertible mustang. He is in the Frontier 90 in my car and that thing is huge in her tiny backseat. What else should I look at? What do you all think about using the radian over the top harness slot? It is a radian 80 so no problem with head wings. I tried searching but couldn't find what i was looking for. Thanks!

ADS

Kel

I would buy an eventful sureride to hold him over until you were sure about booster training.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If he is over the top slot on the Radian (which is allowed, but some choose not to do due to the fact that the Radian is the only seat that does allow it), there aren't that many seats that will fit him in a harness. If you feel comfortable using the Radian above the top slots, that is an option.

The Evenflo Sureride has very tall top harness slots, but it might not be much better in your mom's car (size-wise).

The Frontier 90 has the tallest harness slots, but you said it is too big in your mom's car. Is it too big front-to-back or in height? There are some other combination seats that have moderately tall harness slots, but they might also be too big depending on what the issue is with the Frontier.

How often is your son in your mom's car? How tall is he? How much does he weigh? What is his torso length?

What about the Frontier is too big? Height? Depth? Width?

erind

The frontier is too tall. You can't raise the headrest up much more cause it his the roof. I will measure him when i get home. He is about 43 lbs.

Lenae

Sounds like the SureRide will suit your needs. The top slots are nearly as tall as the Frontier 90, but it seems like a less bulky seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Sureride is 28" tall and the Frontier is 36" tall when extended to its full height. That's a pretty big difference in height!

Is your son's Frontier fully extended? If not, how much below the max is it extended? I ask because I want to make sure the Sureride will fit. :) I would assume your son's seat is not below the max by 8", but I just want to make sure. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC