Baby Trend Inertia

2BunniesMommy

I have seen a thread about this seat. I saw it at WalMart while I was out of town over the weekend. First I noticed the rebound bar and then the rigid latch. Went on to check it out a bit and looks like a very nice seat.

They didn't have a price on it, but seeing the price and size limits now, I am not sure I'd want to spend that much for a seat that probably wouldn't last more than a year, but it still looks like a great seat.

I got the Baby Trend LatchLoc for DD2 early in pregnancy because I wanted it so bad. She was born in Oct 08 and I think I bought the seat in March or April. It was then recalled because of the rigid LATCH not working. Baby Trend sent out a flex loc base, but it didn't work in our van. That whole issue left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Baby Trend, but I am still liking the looks of this new seat.

ADS

SavsMom

I saw one too. It looks nice but I bet it takes up a huge amount of room between the base and the handle needing to be down.

bbartlettnfld

This seat would probably be great if they reinforced the handle! The handle having to be down makes installing it for taller parents a real pain!

nannykates

I played with it and hated it. The latch in my car sucks (set so one is on center hump and one is lower) so with latch it was tilted quite a bit. The seatbelt path is obviously an afterthough and I wouldn't have been able to use my passenger seat with it in. I was also probably pushing 20 percent being off the seat. Couple that with it being outgrown fast and not fitting little babies well I doubt its a match for many families.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I have one. The LATCH install is pretty great, I've put it in a dozen or so vehicles and it's annoying with anchors that are way down in the bight but otherwise I didn't have any issues. The seat belt installation is complicated and frustrating though. I also broke the recline mechanism on mine in one use, so there's that. :)

The bucket is the same 'ol Baby Trend bucket though - twisty straps, 8" bottom slots that won't fit small newborns, difficult puzzle buckle. The canopy is huge though, which is nice.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I saw it too and was surprised it had the triangle handle. I thought that was gone?

Definitely still triangle handle, and still required down. They say the triangle handle is supposed to make it easier to carry without bumping your leg but I didn't think it was at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC