What seat was this?

thekatie

I know it was an Evenflo, bought at Walmart, & part of a travel system set (as in, sold together not just happened to fit together). I'm going to try and attach a picture but it's a picture of a picture that I took with my phone (supposedly our printer is also a scanner but I've never been able to make it work). Is this an example of a 3-point harness? Or is it still a 5-point harness and just came from overhead? Is that possible?

image-216321618.jpg

ADS

Mamasboys

Looks like the Evenflo Discovery. Definitely a 3-point, and probably had the "paperclip" chest clip, IIRC. I think every BFF of mine had that travel system in that print a few years back.

tracee877

Yup, Discovery. I had one for DS1. I don't recall very many (if any) 5-point carriers on the market back then. I remember the fit being HORRIBLE. Where the buckle went in was like 3-4" away from his body when he was born.

thekatie

Yup, Discovery. I had one for DS1. I don't recall very many (if any) 5-point carriers on the market back then. I remember the fit being HORRIBLE. Where the buckle went in was like 3-4" away from his body when he was born.

I don't remember particularly hating or loving this seat... mostly because I loathed his stroller with every fiber of my being, so that kind of overpowered any feelings for the seat. But I really didn't even remember that it was a 3-point until I looked more closely at this picture.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

There weren't many 5-point infant seats on the market in 1998-2000, but there were a few. Graco had a Snugride with the Adirondack print that was a 5-point, Cosco had the Opus 35 line that had a 5-point, and Britax had the Handle with Care, which had a 5-point harness. There might have been others, but I remember these. :)

The Evenflo Discovery was not my favorite seat by any means. I HATED that "hook" on the base, abhored the handle, and found the harness difficult to adjust.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Century SmartFit...I remember that was highly recommended because it had a 5pt version. For the life of me I can't seem to remember Bitsy's....hhhmmm...think it was 5pt because I remember routing the straps through an aftermarket cover, lol. (rear adjust was a metal bar on the back of the seat and you chose loops in the harness to get it tight enough. I know some techs found the bars replaced with pencils and chopsticks...).

OP, was it that big Evenflo stroller with the massive single handle in the middle that was supposed to make it easier to steer? Even if it wasn't, I AM sure it was a sucktastic stroller, most of my friends had them :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC