Can anyone compare CCO vs ProRide legroom?

ADS

YinzerMama

ProRide isn't known for legroom but cco tends to be outgrown pretty young which I think makes it kind of a wash between these two. Age/size of kid in question?

KelliBella

ProRide isn't known for legroom but cco tends to be outgrown pretty young which I think makes it kind of a wash between these two. Age/size of kid in question?

It's for my 1.5 year old, 25 pounds, average height. He's about to outgrow the CCO by height, but has oodles of leg room still. If they are at all comparable, I'm thinking he should fit comfortably for a long time.

jordansmom

It's for my 1.5 year old, 25 pounds, average height. He's about to outgrow the CCO by height, but has oodles of leg room still. If they are at all comparable, I'm thinking he should fit comfortably for a long time.

I'm not sure it will really be comparing "apples to apples"...the CCO is very scooped if that makes sense whereas the Proride sits more like a Britax seat with it's very shallow depth. I would guess your little guy has more legroom in the CCO, but just my guess!

mom2bnjl

Our kids seem comfy in their ProRides and were crunched in their CCOs - just replaced the CCOs - kids were 22/28 lbs, and about 29" tall. Plenty of height in the ProRide, but they do need to sit "criss-cross" in them.

cookie123

I don't recall what you drive.. I drive a Prius and the door opening slants down in the back. So with the seat up so high it was already difficult to load him.

KelliBella

So interesting, and the photos were esepcially helpful. We drive a 2003 Sequoia. I think the door openings are pretty wide... We have had Britax seats RFing without problem in the middle row.

I am totally over analyzing this decision. I can't seem to pull the trigger and make up my darn mind. Lol! I am really leaning toward the Peg at this point, but it's $223.xx vs $329.xx. I was hoping to order a Santa Fe as well, but if I get the Peg, that will have to wait. Decisions, decisions.

abigaylebelle

I found the old style britax boulevard and the recaro proride very similar in size and features. My kids are petite but ds rode rf to 4 and ff past 6 in the recaro with nary a complaint. The seat pan is short but wide enough that he can sit criss cross even forward facing. He says it is the best because he sits up high and can see out the windows.

We like it so well I will probably replace it with another one when ours expires so dd can ride in it longer.

cookie123

Matt liked it ff for quite awhile until he decided it was a baby seat lol. He liked that he could see out the windows in the Prius in it. He never rf'd in it.

abigaylebelle

Cookie-your grandson is adorable! He looks like a little doll baby.

I can see how a car with very slanted doors would be an issue with a seat up on a base. My cars have all had square enough doors that it wasn't a problem even with a 33lb/38" 4 year old. Even better if you can recline the seatback a click and gain more rf legroom.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC