Cybex Aton question

knkdt

I just emailed Regal Lager about an issue with my seat, and then came here to look for a solution and discovered it is maybe a common problem. My baby is 5.5 months about 13lbs and 25", she is on the second harness position. I can not for the life of me tighten my seat when it is in the base. We haven't been taking her out in her seat much now that she isn't opposed to being worn, but putting her back in is a nightmare. I have take the seat out of the base, tilt it and pull the straps from the back then tighten it, and it is still isn't tight enough. So I guess my question is, does anyone have a trick to make this easier? This is the perfect seat for us, and I really don't want to quit using it :eek:.

ADS

knkdt

They got back to me very fast, and now I have another question :eek:.

Here is the email-

"I have a question for you. When you removed the instruction manual, did you remove the plastic covering over it and perhaps discarded it? The reason it is there is to facilitate the tightening of the straps. If you look underneath your seat you will see the splitter plate (metal one where the harness straps are treaded into) and that plate has a tendency to hand up on the ribs underneath. If you threw it away, I can see if I can locate one and we can try that to see if it will work. I need your address for that."

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of their Aton? I am wondering if I put my plastic piece back on wrong when I removed the manual.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The protruding "bumps" on the plastic piece should face out (towards you). Theoretically when the manual is in its storage location AND the plastic cover piece is inserted over it (facing the proper direction) that is supposed to help the situation. Please let us know if that makes any difference with regard to your situation.

bnsnyde

Oh no!
Mine came with that plastic and we got rid of it (I was trying to get the manual out and almost gave up; it was so stuck in there).
Now I cannot tighten well at all.
I need to call Cybex to get that plastic back!

But I'll never want to actually get the manual out or fuss with that plastic again.

knkdt

They will send new plastic, no worries :D. She said they just started putting it over the manual and have had the tightening issue resolved for the most part. She said once the manual was removed it did not need to be replaced, but the plastic did. Not sure why I am having issues, I am pretty sure I replaced it right (it only goes back on one way :rolleyes:).

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Please keep us posted if the plastic "shield" improves the situation, or not.

knkdt

I have always had the shield on correctly, maybe not?

image-205253629.jpg

The straps just don't tighten enough without removing the seat from its base, maybe just my opinion?

image-583233718.jpg
After removing seat from base and tightening.

image-659039000.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
It's hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the plastic shield is in there correctly. Try putting the instruction manual under the plastic overlay. Does that make any difference in your ability to tighten the harness?

MotoMommaNH

As far as the straps being tight, did you do the pinch test? Pinching at the shoulders to see if you can squeeze any webbing between your fingers or do they just slide off?

knkdt

Right, it will tighten half way then gets caught and won't fully tighten while in the base. The tech from Regal Lager emailed his number to call him tomorrow to trouble shoot the issue, I will let everyone know what he says.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC