Does your child like the Wizard?

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
I am debating whether to get a Marathon or a Wizard as my replacement seat. Does your child like the Wizard? I won't be able to try my son out in a Wizard if that is the route I choose. I'd have to order that offline. Does anyone have any pictures of their child riding in the Wizard?

TIA!
Sara

ADS

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
Well, I just found a bunch of pictures. I'm not sure if my son would like the headrest. How restrictive is the view? The headrest does look nice for sleeping, and we do take plenty of trips up north to visit family. I don't know if I should get another MA or just go ahead and get the Wizard. If Nathaniel doesn't like it, I could always use it for the new baby!!!???

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I know plenty of kids who really don't mind it and even like it... my kids LOVE the BG headrest, and don't think it's constrictive ENOUGH! Kar wants the "pillows" to be on both sides of his head, touching his head, at the same time!

MelllieMa

Benny hated it and said it hurt his head. His head is WAY over the 99th percentile though (like an inch over it on the chart). We ulitmately ended up with a Husky which I love as I have absolutely no worries about him outgrowing it. The downside to this is not having a reason to go carseat shopping other than to look and measure, LOL.

mamamia

My girls love the Wizard. WHen they first came out neither of their heads seemed to fit in between the wings. Although Britax says my seats have the same head rests as the original Wizards (our DOM is August 29, 2003) I can assure everyone their heads didn't shrink :) Both girls have head circumferences at or right above the 95th percentile and love their Wizards. THey are so great for sleeping. My girls are now 4 years and 27 months, and have riden in their Wizards for little more than a year. I haven't put my 2 mnth old in one yet, mostly because she is a peanut, and is using a snug ride. Although we haave two FPSE and a Roundabout I am tempted to get the little one a Wizard when she outgrows the snugride. I had thought I would use one of the other convertibles for her til I was ready to move the oldest into a dedicated booster, then switch the baby to a Wizard. Now I am thinking why should the baby not have a nice soft supportive head rest for slepping too??

My 6 year old nephew is about 53 lbs, 46 inches tall and has a head circumference that is pretty high above the 95th percentile and fits just fine in our Wizards. We have windowpane fabric btw.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My 2.5 year old LOVES it! :D
My guess is that is a child sits in it from the beginning then they won't have basis for comparison, KWIM?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC