Question about belt retraction on my FR in booster mode

Chila88

I have yet to use either of our FR's in booster mode, but DD is booster trained in other cars so I wanted to see if she could even buckle the FR as it seems tough in the rear, passenger side of our 04 Sienna. Anyway, I flipped the block on the bottom and fed the belt through the guide just to see, and it doesn't really retract that well. It does, but reeeeaaaaaalllly slowly, and that was without DD even in the seat. Is this an issue? Any tips to get it working better? Or is the FR just not going to work in booster mode for us?

ADS

Keeyamah

Has she outgrown the harness? Because it seems to be that the booster mode for the FR works best/better after the child has outgrown the harness and the seat back is all the way up? But that is just from my reading here, based on my last attempt to booster train my oldest, it will be a while, and he will prolly be outgrowing his FR85.

Chila88

Harness still fits but I'd have to check how much growing room she has. Haven't looked in a while.

Dillipop

When we tried it in booster mode in the center row passenger side of our 8 pass 08 Sienna, I had the same issue. It was really hard for ds to pull the belt through to buckle and then it didn't really retract.

Chila88

When we tried it in booster mode in the center row passenger side of our 8 pass 08 Sienna, I had the same issue. It was really hard for ds to pull the belt through to buckle and then it didn't really retract.

Oh great :( did you end up going to a dedicated booster to fix the problem?

Dillipop

Oh great :( did you end up going to a dedicated booster to fix the problem?

Seeing as my house does not lack in the car seat department, I had a couple of dedicated boosters laying around that we are using. The monterey works wonderfully in our van, as does the Recaro Probooster. We've had the turbo booster in there with no problems as well.

HappyHoo

I did not have this issue in my Mazda3 where the seatbelt comes out of the car higher than the top of the Frontier. But when I put it in DH's Ford Freestyle I did have an issue with it retracting sometimes b/c it had to come up and over the side before going through the belt guide.

It won't be a problem I think once the belt guide is higher than the side of the Frontier, but that will be awhile. So I ended up buying a Parkway for DD and put DS in the Frontier harnessed and selling a Radian to help fund it :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC