2013 Parkway SGL mini review

Lenae

I don't actually have LATCH, so I'm waiting for my sister to come visit before I can test out the LATCH feature.

I know Darren did a review already that covered the basics, so I'll just add my thoughts and some pictures. My model is 5 years and 8 months old, weighing in at a whopping 40lbs on the dot, without shoes. He's a short torsoed lightweight, a car seat lovers dream. Vehicles are a 2000 Chevy Malibu and a 2003 Ford F350 quad cab.

Lowest setting
null_zpsbb3b9bd3.jpg

Highest setting
null_zps3433a5d6.jpg

On the highest setting, the headwings came in contact with the side of my door frame.
null_zps554835cb.jpg

My measurements are very amateur.
Highest setting
null_zpse30463a1.jpg

Lowest setting
null_zps008f241a.jpg

Torso wings, the widest part of the seat
null_zpsab3d87fa.jpg

Widest part of the bottom
null_zpsa484bf23.jpg

Depth of the seat
null_zpsab529088.jpg

Depth of headwings
null_zpsfd04e332.jpg

Sleeping on a different day
null_zps6fb2bea2.jpg

Overall, we like the seat. It's very well padded, I love how deep the sides are and that it doesn't require vehicle headrest support. The belt fit in my DH's pickup isn't as good as in my car. The picture above of him sleeping is the '03 Ford, and right after taking the picture, I woke him up and told him to lean the other way, I felt like the belt was too close to the edge of the shoulder.

I love the Secure Guard clip, especially for my little guy. He's never shown signs of slipping under the belt in any other booster, but that extra step of protection does give a little peace of mind.

The SafeCell technology is intriguing, and if it works as it claims to work, again, that extra level of protection just can't be beat.

One thing Colton doesn't like about the seat is the arm rests. They are pretty low and short and he can't comfortably use them. One thing I didn't like was, I found the Secure Guard clip to be very difficult to remove to adjust the length. It wasn't as simple as turning it sideways and sliding it through the slot like the manual showed. There was a lot of tugging and scraping involved for me. Also, it was very difficult to get the seat back to lock upright.

No seat is perfect, but I feel like Britax came very near perfection with the new 2013 Parkway SGL.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC