Evenflo booster seats

CMeMeC

I have an evenflo amp hbb and an evenflo big kid sport. On both seats, I find that when I adjust the back to the height I need, it drops back down either immediately or after just a little bit. This should be easy, right? What am I doing wrong?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It happens on both of your seats? Weird! That hasn't happened on my Evenflo Amp HBB (or backless, clearly! :p).

I would call Evenflo.

Keeyamah

Yeah, call Evenflo,I have one as a back up for extra kids/my nieces and so it gets adjusted every time it's used and it stays put. Even with being "tossed" around a little (meaning put into whatever space in the van or garage that is convenient to store it).

Irishmama

Maybe dust/dirt is gunking it up and causing it not to stay? I had that problem with an older Parkway and cleaning it out good fixed the problem.

But definitely call Evenflo and see what they think. I've had good customer service experiences with them in the past. Good luck!

CMeMeC

I thought the big kid sport was just faulty until the amp did it too. It's a back up seat and barely used, I don't even see any dust on it, it looks brand new. You do just squeeze the handle to adjust them, right?

CMeMeC

Yes, it clicks into place and either holds for a bit and then drops or falls right back down. I've yet to be able to get it buckled in the car at the right height. Fortunately these are my spare seats. I did contact evenflo and they sent me a very generic email and suggested I buy a new amp and offered me a very small discount if I buy directly from them, which wouldn't even matter by the time I paid shipping. No thank you.

CMeMeC

I took the cover off the amp to examine it and without the cover on, the back moves up and down freely without even squeezing the handle thing. It also has something rattling in the back. I'm assuming whatever is supposed to hold it into place has broken off and is in there somewhere. I cant check the big kid sport because it's at my in-laws.

CMeMeC

Patriot201 said:
This is a brand-new seat?

Contact Evenflo again. That is unacceptable.

No it isn't brand new. I bought it last year as a spare and it's been used a few times. Sunday was the first time it needed to be adjusted. I contacted them again because I do think the issue is a manufacturer error, not misuse. But no luck. She told me to buy a new one from them. Not happening. I took the thing apart (bad idea probably, but it can't be used the way it is anyway) and their was a spring loose in the back. It should have been between two plastic "teeth" attached to the adjuster. I put it in place and it works, but now that I've taken screws out and messed with it, I don't know that I should use it. I think I'll just trash the back piece, use it as aback less if needed and replace it with another booster (of a different brand) if needed.

amyd

Our Amp is fine. I'd call Evenflo too.

I'm resurrecting this thread to say I take this back. Our Amp is not fine. It's started slipping down too. I'm going to try returning it to Toys R Us first since we've had it less than 30 days. In the meantime, we're away from home and I'm going to have to go buy DS another booster.

CMeMeC

amyd said:
I'm resurrecting this thread to say I take this back. Our Amp is not fine. It's started slipping down too. I'm going to try returning it to Toys R Us first since we've had it less than 30 days. In the meantime, we're away from home and I'm going to have to go buy DS another booster.

I'm sorry to hear that! You shouldn't have an issue exchanging it since yours is so new. Surely toys r us or evenflo will replace it. I "fixed" mine, but I haven't used it since. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC