Question britax follows nhtsa rules for accident replacement right?

Jackie010307

I was in a very minor accident today. My front bumper was clipped and popped loose. I didn't even realize that the van (06 odyssey) had been hit until I saw my bumper pop off and land in the road. I didn't feel a thing, nor did my passenger. No airbags deployed, no real damage to either vehicle. It did happen to be a large city bus that clipped me. I had a Frontier 90 installed with seat belt and a Parkway installed with latch. Neither were occupied. The actual bumper under the outer cover wasn't touched, just that the cover popped off, if that makes sense. I'm thinking the seats are okay but wanted to double check for piece of mind.

ADS

katymyers

From what you described, no you probably don't need to replace your seats, BUT since you said it was a city bus I would honestly try to get their insurance to pay for new ones anyways. It can't hurt to try.

Jackie010307

No injuries and no visible damage to the seats. Honestly I think it was the fixed mid flap that sticks out somewhat behind the front wheel that clipped my bumper. I was very surprised to see that it had actually touched us.

Jackie010307

I'm not going to ask for them replaced unless they need to be. Honestly I'm okay with using them since the damage to my van was only really cosmetic and neither myself or my passenger felt anything. I just wanted second opinions to make sure this would meet the britax standards for continuing to use them.

YinzerMama

I sure hope it's OK. I backed into a hillside once and knocked my own bumper off, never thought to replace the seats. I considered it more supreme humiliation than an accident. :eek:

Last edited:

Jackie010307

I'm going to say they are okay and continue using them. If I had felt an impact our anything I might be more concerned, and if it didn't meet all of the requirements then I would definitely replace them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC