Question Help installing a Britax Boulevard CS in a 2005 Dodge QC

Sweet95kitty

I am new here so please forgive me if this question has been asked. I am trying to install a RF Britax Boulevard CS in a 2005 Dodge quad cab using the LATCH. I find it to loose. It was installed in there before and was very tight,no movement. I took it out to shampoo the truck seat. I didn't install it the first time my SIL did. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

ADS

thepote

Welcome :)

Don't be afraid to put a lot of weight into it when you pull the tails of the latch anchors... A knee, etc. (I've been known to sit on them to squish them down to tighten). Also make sure you aren't pulling the tail at an odd angle... Pull it so it slides easily. On some seats you can pull the cover off the side of the seat and feed the tail up through the rear-facing belt path so you are pulling at the right angle. I can't picture in my head if this will work better for your seat but maybe it gives you an idea of what I mean.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello and welcome to car-seat.org!

If you cannot get the seat in tight with LATCH, remember that you can install with the seatbelt instead.

LATCH is no better than a seatbelt, and a seatbelt is no better than LATCH. Whatever affords you the best installation, and follows the "rules" (LATCH can only be used to the limits set by the vehicle or manufacturer), is the "best" installation.

thepote

Since it was mentioned above I'll throw it out there in case it helps that the latch limit for Dodge is 65lbs weight of car seat and child. The Boulevard weighs 19lbs so you can use it up to 46lbs child weight.

Sweet95kitty

Thank you. I will try all suggestions in the morning. My nephew weighs 18lbs. :) This is my first post and I was so nervous. Thank you all :):jive:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC