2011 odyssey... Please spam me with info...

tl01

I need to know which ffing seats you have in your 2011+ odyssey captains chairs and do you have the headrest installed or not. This includes boosters.

ADS

tl01

I don't remember exactly which seats I tried in which positions but there's a bunch of info and pics here: http://carseatblog.com/8090/2011-ho...ids-carseats-review-with-tons-of-pics-videos/

HTH!

So here is my issue... And it is something that comes up in our review. I just to spoke with a regular rep and a supervisor at honda and they won't say that you can remove the headrests in the 2nd row captains chairs because the manual doesn't say you can. The manual doesn't specify either way... So what does a parent or tech do? I can't think of many seats that work with the headrests in....

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I don't overthink these things. If the head restraint is removable, and removing it makes it better, and the CR doesn't require it, then I remove it. Actually, in my own van I just turn the HR around so it's facing the opposite direction. It still provides some support that way but usually eliminates the compatibility issue.

bnsnyde

We have this van.
Frontier 90 is in one captain's chair. The headrest is still on. It's perfect. The harness height is almost at the top since child is 7.

And that 8th seat we have the Kiddyworld Cruiserfix booster.

Other captain's chair is an infant seat so not what you were asking about.

YinzerMama

Right now I have a frontier85 in each "captain's chair." They fit with the headrest in place but by no means are they adjusted as tall as they can go.

I don't overthink these things. If the head restraint is removable, and removing it makes it better, and the CR doesn't require it, then I remove it. Actually, in my own van I just turn the HR around so it's facing the opposite direction. It still provides some support that way but usually eliminates the compatibility issue.

That is brilliant! Then you have it if you need it and don't have to store it somewhere in your house.

tl01

Right now I have a frontier85 in each "captain's chair." They fit with the headrest in place but by no means are they adjusted as tall as they can go.

That is brilliant! Then you have it if you need it and don't have to store it somewhere in your house.

I was told not to put the headrests in backwards in my tech class unless they lock into place that way. The Odyssey ones do not. Even ones locked into place have been seen flying out of the chair in the Odyssey crash test videos and those metal posts are scary projectiles IMHO. I usually keep the extra headrests in the trunk. I took pics of the sureride in the center and how the headrest messes with the seat. The Foonf... I messed with it in the car for a while and I got it to install without the headrest and then I wedged the headrest behind the seat. Otherwise you can't get the seat all the back toward the vehicle seat. I don't have my Frontier 90 with me right now but my 85 doesn't go in as well with the headrest all the way up as it does without the headrest there and I think it will be an bigger issue when it is booster mode and not wedged super tightly into the seat as tight as I can get it. I can play with my Frontier 90 again sometime this weekend. And tall boosters are problematic IMHO. I took a pic of my PWSGL in the center and outboard... it makes the seat too upright to me.

YinzerMama

Hmmm. OK flying headrests, not so brilliant. I figured you'd have to put them on the opposite seat for this to work so the little clickie things would line up, so I have no idea how it actually plays out. We keep them in a cabinet in out basement if they are not where they belong which isn't very convenient. I hate having them in the back of the car, they take up too much space.

I normally have my frontiers in the back row but we're doing some shuffling this week.

tl01

Hmmm. OK flying headrests, not so brilliant. I figured you'd have to put them on the opposite seat for this to work so the little clickie things would line up, so I have no idea how it actually plays out. We keep them in a cabinet in out basement if they are not where they belong which isn't very convenient. I hate having them in the back of the car, they take up too much space.

I normally have my frontiers in the back row but we're doing some shuffling this week.

Yes the little lock things are only on one side of the headrest and so they are on the wrong side when you flip them:(. It would be great if they locked on either side. I had removed the center one 2nd row and couldn't find it for a moment... I found it had neatly fit itself right under the seat... Going under from the third row.

smileyblue4

I have a ProSport in a captain's chair. Right now my son's on the 2nd to shortest harness slot, so the headrest is in and moved up a notch. Not sure what I will do when he gets taller... Are the 3rd row headrests as much of a problem as the 2nd row headrests?

tl01

I have a ProSport in a captain's chair. Right now my son's on the 2nd to shortest harness slot, so the headrest is in and moved up a notch. Not sure what I will do when he gets taller... Are the 3rd row headrests as much of a problem as the 2nd row headrests?

It is certainly possible that that seat won't be an issue. I don't think it is as tall as the Frontier 90.

YinzerMama

Don't take this as gospel but the 3rd row headrests kind of pivot on their stalks so I *think* that if you needed head support they would kind of just go flat and play nice with whatever you put there. But I hate how freaking tall they are so I removed them and I hope I won't be too annoyed by them when the time comes that I have to have them back there. I will probably keep the shortest car seated passengers back there as long as I can to put that day off.

eta - i know everything about the design is a safety thing but that doesn't mean I still can't think they are ugly . :)

tl01

Don't take this as gospel but the 3rd row headrests kind of pivot on their stalks so I *think* that if you needed head support they would kind of just go flat and play nice with whatever you put there. But I hate how freaking tall they are so I removed them and I hope I won't be too annoyed by them when the time comes that I have to have them back there. I will probably keep the shortest car seated passengers back there as long as I can to put that day off.

eta - i know everything about the design is a safety thing but that doesn't mean I still can't think they are ugly . :)

They are ugly but seem to be fairly inline with the seat backs. I haven't tried many seats back there but I think they might actually be okay. Maybe next week I will play seats;).

luckyclov

Honda drives me crazy with some of their CS dopes sometimes.

So here's what I have in my captains chairs. A Monterey with the vehicle headrest on because SKJP/Diono requires it. And in the next one a FF Radian without the vehicle headrest because SKJP/Diono doesn't require it and because that's the only way I can get it installed acceptably.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC