anyone liking the sure ride FFing?

Kel

For anyone using the Sure Ride FFing, how do you and your kids like it? Anything you don't like about it?

Thank you!

ADS

Brianna

I bought it to use FF only. My only complaint is that the LATCH strap can be difficult to loosen, so I just install with the seat belt. I love it otherwise!

Reactions: Kel

2BunniesMommy

Also bought it for forward facing. It is for MIL to use with DD2. I haven't actually used it, but watched her install it the first time and it was nice and quick and I buckled DD in the first time to make sure the fit was good. Loved it the little I had to do with it and have heard no complaints from MIL or DD.

xxluckychicxx

Ours has only ever been used FFing. DD loves it. I've never installed with latch, but the seatbelt install is a dream in every car I've tried it in.

I've got lots of pics if you'd like to see some.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Rebekah

My niece fits great in it at 3yo and short/chunky. The harness occasionally "catches", but we just loosen completely, then re-tighten (not detaching from the splitter plate). Other than that, great seat with tons of room!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The only thing to be aware of are the harness-coming-off issues, which only seem to occur when you loosen a lot and pull only one side, neither of which I do, in some vehicles.

Irishmama

We use ours FF and love it! I love the tall top slots, deep shell (no head slump), and easy install and it's lightweight. We've not had any problems with the harness coming off the splitter plate; I check it often for that reason.

Kel

Any pics of the sugar plum IRL or maybe the black and white one? I'm still not sure....any new colors rumored??

Thanks

Kel

Thank you both.

I would love the sugar plum pics, thanks!

Brianna...the sure ride looks wider than the FR?? I know it not, but, does it take up much less space??

D&L's-mommy

DD and I both love the sureride ff. I also agree that the latch strap is pretty difficult to loosen so I just do a belt install, which is super easy on this seat. I have been able to do a lot of different 3 across setups in my cruze with the sr, both center and outboard. the only thing I don't love is that the shoulder straps are a bit close together, DD complained about it at first, but not anymore. I also love that the harness adjuster strap is long enough for DD to loosen the harness, get in, buckle up, pull strap and tighten the harness herself (of course I check it, but that gives me time to get the other kids buckled up)

jheimes

My 7.5 yr old likes her seat for sleeping in FF. we use seatbelt install. It is fairly narrow and sits low to seat. Most other taller seats hit on my van ceiling when outboard, but this one has plenty of clearance since it sits down lower instead if up on base. Shoulder straps seemed close together at first, but she doesn't complain now that she's used to it. She can buckle/unbuckle herself in our 3 across backseat. Once in awhile I have to adjust it cause she can't figure out the continuous loop and gets one harness longer. Only reason she is harnessed us bc of challenge buckling a booster in a 3 across, the purple color convinced her. It is a deep plum (slightly redfish tinted purple). So IMO could be used for a boy as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC