You all SO want to check out this link

jdchic3

So there I was looking at the website of a local B&M store when I notice the owner has a blog. I decide to check it out and lo and behold, he has TONS of pics from the ABC kids expo!!!!! Including, but not limited to the new Britax fabrics, the new Compass seat, the Huntington Regent, and the new Sunshine kids booster! Plus tons of other neat-looking things! Enjoy!

http://www.gooresblog.blogspot.com/

ADS

LuvMyGirls

I so want the new SK booster! I wonder when it will be available. It accomodates kids over 5 feet and utilizes latch - that's my dream booster. I know a lot of folks don't agree with latching a booster down and using the vehicle belt for the child, but I'm still bothered by the idea of the vehicle seat holding my child and her seat.

scatterbunny

Oooohhh, I love that Compass True Fit! That might be my favorite convertible seat of all time--I love how it can be used rear-facing, but it does not have a big base, so when the child is forward-facing they will be sitting lower and more upright than in convertibles like the Marathon and Como. Seat depth for those older, longer-legged kids looks great! Judging by the pics, Hayley would still fit. :D

The Sunshine Kids booster is interesting. I like that it's deeper than the Britax boosters, I like that the armrests are higher up than the Britax boosters, but I worry about hip width over time. I also have gotten spoiled by the Compass B510's fabric-covered belt guides that are enclosed enough that the belt never slips out and hardly ever twists; on the Parkway the belt slipped out and twisted when Hayley unbuckled. I could see that being an issue for us with the SK booster. But I love the LATCH capability; anyone know if that is just lower anchors, or is it top tether as well?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
That's the store I drove to to get my 2nd Radian. The people there are very nice. If I can't get Russ to do anything about it I have already OKed with them to bring it back. It's just that it will take me all day and a tank and a half of gas to get there and back.

Kimberly

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much for posting the link! :) I love the looks of the new Compass convertible because I love seats that sit so low like the Radian. The SK booster looks great, too. Personally, I think the Graco Sweetpeace is going a little far. Do we really need another infant contraption? :rolleyes:

arly1983

Thanks for the link!

That new brown Regent looks just like I thought it would......
BORING! :thumbsdown:

Can't help but agree....at least it doesn't look hideous! Just BLAH!

The truefit looks soooo nice.

I love the way the SKJP booster looks and the big body wings.

ThreeBeans

Whoa, that new Radian booster looks AWESOME! I hope it fits in my car as well as the Radian65s do.

The Graco thing pissed me off. "The only newborn soothing center" my big, hairy rear.

My kid has a 'newborn soothing center'. IT'S ME, HIS MOTHER. :mad:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, so I'm the only one excited about the Bumbo potty seat? Ok, just checking...

Oh, and the SK booster looks freaking awesome! :thumbsdown: tot he stupid car seat covers. I wish there was a closer look at the TruFit (I know, I've seen the scanned stock page; I kinda want a 'real' look at the girly one. It reminds me of Madison, a little bit...)

mimieliza

Personally, I think the Graco Sweetpeace is going a little far.

Even as a mother of a newborn who didn't sleep, I agree that this is going a bit too far. It's just a different contraption, the kid will either like it and sleep, or hate it, just like every other baby contraption. It's not particularly innovative.

And yes, as my child's mother, I was her official soother, but mama has to sleep at some point (and pee, and eat, and sometimes even shower...).

Lea_Ontario

LOVE the SKJP booster - I hope it comes to Canada.

The other thing that jumped out at me were the wooden Sassy toys - very nice.

But man - the strollers - UGLY !

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
LOVE the SKJP booster - I hope it comes to Canada.

The other thing that jumped out at me were the wooden Sassy toys - very nice.

But man - the strollers - UGLY !

I e-mailed Russ... he says they are working on having it here for February... now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping really hard that it's true and that he really did see the Canada part of my question. :D

ThreeBeans

I e-mailed Russ... he says they are working on having it here for February... now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping really hard that it's true and that he really did see the Canada part of my question. :D

He does seem to miss enormous and pertinent parts in emails, doesn't he? LOL.

Seriously, I want to get my paws on that booster. We're looking at DS outgrowing the Radian probably around his fourth birthday, maybe a little after :thumbsdown:

If I can't afford a minivan at that point (and thus get a Regent), our only choice is going to be a BPB.

ZephyrBlue

The True Fit looks awesome, and I'm loving the SK booster! I do hope that we hear better outcomes of issues re: the Radian bowing-base problems, though. I'd be hesitant to spend $180 on a booster if Russ hasn't done more by that point to take care of quality issues in the Radians.

And the "You-Don't-Have-To-Actually-Hold-Your-Baby-For-The-First-6months-Of-His-Life" contraption from Graco is a big :thumbsdown:, IMO. And I had 3 babies that didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a stretch until they were almost a year old. In all fairness, I would have signed my husband away for my bouncer seat at times, though ;) THat's the only way I did get a shower. It just wasn't very frequently, pee ewww!! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC