Cleaning a Boulevard70?

Cristina

I hope this is the right forum....had no idea where to post it?
My 3 year old peed in her carseat during a 500 mile drive. I took the seat out and cleaned the captain's chair (God bless leatherette!). Dried the carseat as well as I could but had to wait until I got home to take the cover and everything off.
When I got back to my house I took the BLVD out and there was a new puddle on my car's seat, so obviously pee was still sitting in the base. The bottom/base of the BLVD is just nasty. Dried pee, wet pee, roadtrip crumbs, etc.
What is the best way to clean it? Can I hose down just the bottom of it?
I've tried cleaning it and just can't seem to get in all the nooks and crannies.
So gross
Thanks for the help!

ADS

YinzerMama

The in side of a car seat base is a dark, disgusting place best left unexplored. ;)

I dream of a car seat you can take apart into smaller pieces and stick in the dishwasher.

I really don't know if it's safe to hose it out. I have contemplated it but never tried it. There isn't anything strappy down there and it seems like rinsing it all out with water has to be better than having been rinsed out with pee but I don't know, the blast may drive water into places it can't get out of?

It's not so much that I haven't been brave enough to try it, I just know it's too futile to bother with. It's just gonna get gross again. I swear mine must have a random crumb generator built in because I find more gunk in the base than I could possibly be giving my kid to eat. So I make a stab at doing the best I can but I don't try to get it completely detailed. I've mopped up what pee I can see, and wiped what I could with a wet paper towel. Poke the crumbs with a toothbrush, shake shake shake.

I have learned to put pull ups on kids for road trips at that age, having to take apart and clean a seat at the destination one too many times. Nothing like greeting your family with a car seat in hand and "It's so good to see you!!! Is it OK if I use your washing machine?"

Cristina

How funny a yinzer answered, we were on our way back from Pittsburgh :)
I may try and call britax . If it were anything other than pee I would wwipe it out and call it a day.
Poor kiddo felt so bad about it :( Very lucky that I had done a newborn photo shoot for my sister and had lots of super super thin waterproof pads in the back or she would have had to sit in a wet seat for hours!
Any yes, a dishwasher safe carseat is a million dollar idea, you should get on that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC