Black vs gray and temperature (pria specifically)

YinzerMama

Considering a pria for the crazy leg room. I can get a deal on a "near total black" which is made with the wrong color or something to be "total black" so it is a discount. Otherwise normal, new, etc.

Ideally I'd get gray. I think it will show dirt less (that mystery white dirt), match my van interior, and maybe be less hot. I'd have to install on a window seat.

But the black is $30 less and comes with a tiny fit which I have no use for my would be a boon for resale in a couple years (maybe).

Temperature wise, how much does it matter?? Ever have a black and lighter color of the same seat/material so you can really compare? Realistically, the light gray leather of my car gets hot anyway, if it is in the sun. So maybe it doesn't really matter.

ADS

katymyers

My kids all have Boulevards in Onyx that matches my black car interior which I haven't noticed to get hotter than other fabric colors. Our old car seats were a lighter green and the interior of my van was tan and even my own seat doesn't seem hotter to me.

thekatie

We have a black Pria, and it has rarely so much as felt warm, really. Whatever that material is, it stays cool. I know for *us* a solid grey Pria would show much, much more dirt. The headrest on my Pria (same fabric as the seat) is grey, and it is disgusting from water stains (sweat - J sweats like crazy when he sleeps - and rain wet hair, water bottle spills). The black masks all that.

YinzerMama

Good to hear that black doesn't get hotter... not so good to hear about the gray showing stains LOL.

thekatie have you ever taken the cover off to wash it? some of the reviews say this process is evil...

thekatie

It's not too bad. After one review I was terrified I would rip it up taking it off, but that was pretty easy. Getting it on is too.

Annnnnd that reminds me. I need to wash it.

monstah

I have a light grey GN and when that sits in the sun, it gets hot. HOT, hot. I don't think color makes much of a difference.

If I regularly parked where the sun would be beating on the seat, I'd toss a towel over it when not in use. I find that makes a huge difference.

And fwiw, the grey looks like it's been through a war by now. :p I just bought an all black booster and can't wait to get the stained grey out of my car.

mominabigtruck

I have a black pria and the fabric does not hold heat at all. If anything its cooler than my other velour seats.

I've washed it a couple times now and this last time I washed and dried it in the machine just like I do the rest of my covers. It came out fine and I can put it back together in less than 5 minutes.

YinzerMama

Is there any chance any of you have tried putting it in the center seat of a newer ody? I am thinking it will not fit but if it does that would be awesome.

Glad to hear about the washing. I have always tossed my britax and graco covers in the washer and never had a problem so I wondered how "hand wash only" this cover really is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC