Quick- need a recommendation for travel carseat

knox1011

We are looking for a carseat for our 17 month old to use while traveling on an airplane and rental car, and the occasional ride in someone else's vehicle. Something easy to install is preferred and not huge/bulky like the Diono she sits in normally. When my older kids were little we had Cosco Scenaras for them, I'm looking for something like that. Need it for tomorrow so ideally it would be one easy to find locally and not online. We have a Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, Target, Walmart, etc. nearby. Thank you so much!

ADS

Mamasboys

Cosco Scenera and Evenflo Tribute are often recommended for low budget and/or travel seats. I loved my Sceneras, but some people prefer the Tribute for a little easier install. Both are available at Walmart, and both have very similar dimensions, lightweight, price, etc.

1mommy

The Evenflo Sureride is often recommended as a travel seat, fairly easy to install, fairly light, and lasts a long time as it has high straps (and a decent price). You can find it target, walmart, Kohls, babies r us, etc.

cevamal

I have almost exactly the same question: I need a travel seat for a 28 lb 19 mo who normally rides in a Radian. When my girls were little I had a Scenera and Tribute which were fine. He'll be FF on the plane and RF in the rental car.

From some quick googling it looks like the options in this thread are:

Scenera: $40, only 30 lb RF
Tribute: $60, only 30 lb RF
Sureride: $95, 40 lb RF

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth another $55 for 10 lb RF. I don't anticipate a lot of plane travel (too expensive!) and we're expecting another so there is the potential for the next kid to use this seat and we'd get a bigger one for the current kid then.

Thoughts? Other seats I should consider?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC