Question Reinforced toe shoes

Persimmon

Does anyone know of a good boys shoe that has the rubber part wrap all the way around the toe and then up over the top? DS has ruined both his pairs of shoes. He goes to preschool 2 x's a week and I think he has been dragging his toes when he brakes on the tricycles there. The part that gets worn is up on the top of the shoe off to the outside. He has been wearing these:

http://www.striderite.com/store/Sit...isplayName=Toddler+Boy&showDefaultOption=true

ETA: He is rectangular shaped feet. He is not a wide but I need a she with a wide (or at least not narrow) toe box since his feet don't angle in as much as most.

ADS

featherhead

Converse do. My kids used their feet to stop their balance bikes all the time, and I don't think they have worn through a pair of Converse yet. DD2 is wearing a pair of DD1s, and they still aren't worn out. The runners from Walmart, however, were worn through in just a few months.

T4K

Converse are great and can be often found cheap on clearance.

Keens for the warmer months.

T4K

I know converse makes black soled adult shoes, if you do some searching, you may find kids too.

Persimmon

I know converse makes black soled adult shoes, if you do some searching, you may find kids too.

Oooh, when he gets to be a 10.5, I can design my own on the Coverse website! They do have an all black one for him now though.

Thanks for the link. I might get him some boots:

http://www.6pm.com/keen-kids-kalamazoo-mid-wp-toddler-little-kid-big-kid-black-yellow

So what is up with the no 1/2 sizes on the Keens? He is wearing a 9 now in Stride Rite and has room to grow. I am wondering what to do when his foot gets to be a little larger than a 9. Wearing shoes a whole size bigger seems too much??

zoecoltsmama

I think Keens are a super good choice for what you want. Way sturdier than Cons and little kids are more able to put them on themselves because they hold their shape more than cons.

Persimmon

I think Keens are a super good choice for what you want. Way sturdier than Cons and little kids are more able to put them on themselves because they hold their shape more than cons.

I will go for the Keens for play shoes then because I know your DS runs wild like my DS. I may break down and also get a pair of the black Cons for nostalgia.

Dillipop

Zulily has kids keens right now. You might be able to find a good deal if you can get his size.

I find keens to run a bit big, so a 9 should work for you.

Persimmon

Zulily has kids keens right now. You might be able to find a good deal if you can get his size.

I find keens to run a bit big, so a 9 should work for you.

Those are great prices! They are all out in the style/size I want though. Wah.

Can anyone please school me on insoles for kids? I have no clue.

Persimmon

Thanks everyone for turning me on to Keens! I never paid attention to them before because I though they only made sandals. DS is always foraging in the woods and can't wear sandals due to all the sticks and rocks. I ended up getting these:
http://www.zappos.com/keen-kids-med...Ji8iUJ:20130808150003:s&zfcTest=fcl:0&zlfid=2

They are perfect. DS loves them. He has been wearing them to school where he drags his feet and you can't even tell. His feet grew when I wasn't paying attention and he needed to go up a size. I asked the salesman at Stride Rite why Keens only has whole sizes. He said it was because they are so adjustable. Seems good to me. DS's foot is just a wee bit bigger than a 9 and he is happy in 10's.

I still want to get the black Converse just for fun.

Phineasmama

Keens are awesome!

I was going to get a pair for DS since he always wears out the toes in his shoes, but I found a pair of either Carters or Oshkosh shoes on clearance at Kohls that have rubber on the toes and were on clearance so I got them for like $7 so I couldn't resist that kind of deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC