Yes this question is nutty... But please answer...

tl01

I bought DS1 a frontier 90 because he either isn't comfy in the boosters or he just won't listen to me. He used to do fine but I honestly think he is just more comfy sitting with his feet crossed etc. He has always sat that way. Anyway... He only had a little time left in the frontier 90 but I figured it would last a little longer... His torso measures likes 17.5 so how he has outgrown this seat I don't know. We don't have it reclined.

When I measure him in the seat I put a pencil in the slot to see if it slants down or up to his shoulder. If I put it to the inside of his shoulder as it slants up his neck then he is too tall.. On the outside... He's okay. I know this is neurotic but it is the last harness seat and I would love a little more time. Sigh. I'll post a pic shortly to show what I mean. I know the advice will be.. He is too close just switch.

ADS

Jessica61624

Did you check to make sure its all the way up? The head wings go above the shell when it is
IMAG6167_zps5488e54e.jpg

I was having issues with the rod in the back keeping the head rest from going in the highest postions.
IMAG5764_zps9960f122.jpg

Dorothy

I'm glad you asked this! This is the reason I moved DD out of her TF. With the pencil test in the middle of those two areas, she had probably .5" left. However, at a glance it appeared outgrown. Crazy making!

tl01

Okay I lied... Not on purpose... I think there is another click but my seat is stuck!! What bar do I mess with??

Meg

Okay I lied... Not on purpose... I think there is another click but my seat is stuck!! What bar do I mess with??

I had an old member at my house yesterday and we were discussing the seat and she was told by Britax to use a mallet and screwdriver to fix the problem. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it and instead get a replacement seat if your bar is stuck and not allowing the harness to be raised.

Jessica61624

It doesn't look like its in the highest position from that picture. The bar is on the back where the harness moves up and down.

Jessica61624

I had an old member at my house yesterday and we were discussing the seat and she was told by Britax to use a mallet and screwdriver to fix the problem. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it and instead get a replacement seat if your bar is stuck and not allowing the harness to be raised.

What?! That's crazy. Mine easily pushed back in but I still got a replacement.

tl01

Okay.... I pulled it like 10 times normally... As though I was adjusting a blvd 70 or something and it wouldn't budge. Went from top to bottom over and over again and nothing. Then I pushed the button in super hard and pulled with all my might and nothing. Tried again and it started to move. Seriously prying it up while pulling on it from the back and it nudge up and finally locked into place. The one I looked at at BRU must have worked better bc I know I looked at the back a bunch of times to see if it adjusted like the 85 with the screw for booster mode and I could see it was in the top slot. When I got this one... It must have just gotten stuck there and I stupidly assumed it was working properly.

New pics... I think he has a little time left now...

Don't mind me while I do the happy dance;).

625C46D3-EB06-44CB-840D-7ECA95B4F0A4-838-000000485D9790B5_zpsffbeac9c.jpg

19A72C13-AFFB-46C7-984A-5CB4ACAB22F4-838-0000004856D696F7_zps5728e84c.jpg

tl01

What?! That's crazy. Mine easily pushed back in but I still got a replacement.

So what part of it was hard for you? I seriously thought it was going to break when I was pulling it. Was it hard to start moving it from the slot below? I wonder if it will be easier now. I should have checked.... But I wanted to see dS1 in the seat so I got him first;).

Jessica61624

So what part of it was hard for you? I seriously thought it was going to break when I was pulling it. Was it hard to start moving it from the slot below? I wonder if it will be easier now. I should have checked.... But I wanted to see dS1 in the seat so I got him first;).

Did you see the picture of the back I posted? Once the bar was pushed back on place it was fine. I adjust mine frequently and haven't trouble.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What's up with these Frontier 90s and their harness adjustment issues?! Oy. (I can't adjust my harness when the seat is installed at all). I'm glad you figured it out and got him some growing room!

tl01

Did you see the picture of the back I posted? Once the bar was pushed back on place it was fine. I adjust mine frequently and haven't trouble.

So just the big bar that slides up and down with the harness?

Ds1 is the only one riding in this seat for now so luckily I won't have to worry about it.

tl01

What's up with these Frontier 90s and their harness adjustment issues?! Oy. (I can't adjust my harness when the seat is installed at all). I'm glad you figured it out and got him some growing room!

Totally misread your post. I thought you meant tightening issues.

I was trying to do the height adjustment with the seat uninstalled so I know it wasn't the vehicle seat interfering. But it is nice to be able I adjust it as needed without uninstalling. I wonder if it has to do with seat shape? When I adjusted it the first time it wasn't in the car yet.

tiggercat

I discovered that if I loosen to top tether, I can adjust the harness height while installed. Haven't had any other issues.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Athena

I couldn't get mine to move to the top slot with it installed. :( I haven't tried it again since then.

erikanc

I'm sorry if I should have started a new thread, but I've been wondering about shoulder strap height in my Boulevard 65. After putting the cover back on after my daughter peed in it again :mad: through the piddle pad:thumbsdown: I keep noticing how much lower (2" maybe?) the slots are on the headrest cover than on the shell where they actually go through to the back. So it looks like they're below her shoulders but at the shell they're actually above. What's correct? :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC