KeyFit vs Coccoro

cookie123

I'm so excited! I got my Coccoro today. How do you pronounce that? Ha ha!

Anyway, Griffin is on the 2nd Key Fit slots, so what slots would work for the Coccoro, does anyone know? Also for a baby his size would it be best to put the harness on the longer length adjustment?

He's 27 inches and 16.5 lbs. at least.

I thought the puzzle buckle had gone away. Yuck. That's disappointing to me.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The puzzle buckle on the Coccoro isn't the same as the older, harder-to-use puzzle buckles. :)

I would try the second slots for Griffin. The lowest ones are most definitely too low. You might even need to go up one from there.

Which cover did you get? :D

cookie123

I'm less excited now that I've tried installing it in my '11 Prius with leather seats. No where near close to tight positioned center with seatbelt. I went to latch passenger outboard. I'm using the top tether. If anyone has suggestions, I've attached that to the part the seat slides on. It's very wide so the belt barely goes around it, leaving part of it on the track. The passenger seat belt could go back farther if the strap was longer.

I'm a sweaty mess and it's only 70 degrees out!

D&L's-mommy

I find it exceedingly difficult to get a good belt install with the cco, especially in the center seat 0f my cruze where the back is firm due to the flip down cupholder/arm rest thingy. Maybe there's a trick I'm not aware of to make it easier, but for now I end up a sweaty grumpy mess after finally getting a decent install, and I'm still not thrilled with the install.
the puzzle buckle is a little annoying when she's very squirmy, but it's not as bad as other seats, I simply prefer non-puzzle buckles
my niece is almost exactly the same size as your DS and she's on the 2nd slots, without the infant insert (I prefer having it in, but she really hates it, so we stopped using it once she reached 15lbs)
I pronounce coccoro coke-uh-row, whether that's right or not, i don't know ;)

cookie123

The puzzle buckle on the Coccoro isn't the same as the older, harder-to-use puzzle buckles. :)

I would try the second slots for Griffin. The lowest ones are most definitely too low. You might even need to go up one from there.

Which cover did you get? :D

I got Cherry Pie. Red is my favorite color.:)

Thanks. I put the harness on the 2nd slot. It says to use the insert to 25 lbs. I'm skeptical about it, but will give it a try. I won't see Griffin until Friday.

I think I got it in good finally. I'm using a pool noodle.

thekatie

I don't know how to link to threads in the app, but I know the insert has been discussed - I asked "does it REALLY need to be used to 25lb?!" when I first got mine, and someone did link to an older thread where Vera answered "no". I also called Combi and asked, and the CS rep I spoke with said the insert didn't have to be used after 15lb as long as LO's shoulders were above the bottom slot - but another mom called on the same day and got the opposite answer.

I pronounce it "coh-KOR-oh", whether that right or not I have no clue. I *know* how to say Britax and Chicco and still southern-slur mispronounce them too.

cookie123

I don't know how to link to threads in the app, but I know the insert has been discussed - I asked "does it REALLY need to be used to 25lb?!" when I first got mine, and someone did link to an older thread where Vera answered "no". I also called Combi and asked, and the CS rep I spoke with said the insert didn't have to be used after 15lb as long as LO's shoulders were above the bottom slot - but another mom called on the same day and got the opposite answer.

I pronounce it "coh-KOR-oh", whether that right or not I have no clue. I *know* how to say Britax and Chicco and still southern-slur mispronounce them too.

I thought Britax was Bri like fry, tex. But when watching a video on their site they said Bri with a short i sound. So now I'm confused!

You have to mispronounce Chicco or no one knows what you're talking about!

nannykates

I pronounce britax brI-(like brian) tax(like that you pay). I don't mind bri-tax, brI-tex or even bri-tex but bri-tix makes me nuts (not that you can't be a fine and lovely person and say it that way-but ill correct you)

Coccoro I pronounce like cocoa-row with the emphasis on the middle syllable.

I forget where it is but someone said eddie bauer is pronounced cosco somewhere on this sight and it made me seriously lol!

And now I've shared more about car seat pronunciation than you ever cared to know :)

nannykates

In case you were wondering I just said coccoro outloud like 8 times... I guess the emphasis is on the first syllable.

Mercuria

I always have to remind myself that it sounds like "Kokomo," the Beach Boys song.

ETA: I think the "Eddie Bauer = Cosco" thing was in a Darren reference post.

YinzerMama

In my head I have always said coCOREoh... but have never had occasion to pronounce it out loud and probably never will lol.

cookie123

Ha ha. I say Coke a row in my head!

My Coccoro doesn't take up that much less room front to back. I can have the seat all the way back if the seat back is totally upright. If the seat is one click from all the way back, the seat back can go back 1 click. If that makes any sense. Overall though, Griffin seems comfortable in there rather than perched on the edge of the Pro Ride way up on a throne! It seems nice and snuggly for him. He has the infant insert in. I was going to take a photo, but dd got him out too quick!

I really hate leather seats for installing. So far the ones I've had have made it difficult to get a tight install. Or so it seems to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC