Lands End Down Jacket OK in car seat/booster?

PikkuMyy

This is a new item at Land's End but I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to try it out in a car seat/booster?

Sending my son to school with a thin enough jacket for his car seat was a problem last year. I would usually have him wear the fleece layer of his 3-in-1 Columbia jacket and send the outer layer with him. But he's a kid, and would regularly forget to wear the outer layer when they went out for recess. This year, I'd like to get him a jacket that he can wear in the car and is also warm enough for outdoor play. I cannot afford a North Face or Patagonia down jacket. This Land's End jacket looks relatively thin and I'm hoping the down would compress enough.

Thoughts?

ETA link: http://www.landsend.com/products/boys-down-jacket/id_257784_1189

ADS

MotoMommaNH

I've never used it , but after reading the description, I'd be comfortable with that. Its completely down-filled so that's the important part.

Meg

That looks exactly like the Lands End coat I got for my three year old last winter, although, it was called the channel quilt down jacket. I have no reservations with letting him wear in the carseat. :thumbsup:

PikkuMyy

Thank you for the responses so far! :) I will go ahead and order it for E. The 30% off coupon code brings it down to $34.30.

I will also be happy if I don't have to worry about his father taking off his jacket in the car...

Phineasmama

I always get my kids North Face jackets on clearance at the end of the season, I got their Moondoggy jackets for like $25-35. I hope the Lands End one works out for you though!

Dillipop

I'd probably be ok with that in the car, especially if my kid unzippered before we did the harness or belt.

PikkuMyy

I'll update when we get it! :) If it doesn't compress enough we won't use it. Fingers crossed that it works well!

stormy

Did you get this jacket? How did it work out for use in the car seat? I'm looking at it now so I wondered!

lpperry

My 3 year old needs a coat and I am about to order this one. I want one that is ok to use in the carseat. Much easier with 4 kids to be able to get coats on once!

I read a review on the Land's End website that said it was not a warm coat and is only suitable for when you would normally wear a hoodie or a fleece. Claudia already has a Columbia fleece that is great for jacket weather, but she needs a warm coat for playing outside.

We go outside every day, even in the 20s and 30s and bundle up with coats, hats, mittens. Would this coat work? I don't know much about down weight and what weather it is good in.

I'll keep this coat in my cart until I hear back! I really want to get it--great price!

Meg

We had snow on the ground this morning and my son was perfectly fine in this coat! He had just a long sleeve t shirt on underneath. He has a nice lands end fleece for cold days, but this puffer coat is what he wears when it's really cold. Maybe the reviewer just assumes a thinner coat isn't as warm?

Chila88

That's an incredible price for a Moondoggy! Can I ask where you got them so I can keep my eyes peeled next spring?

I always get my kids North Face jackets on clearance at the end of the season, I got their Moondoggy jackets for like $25-35. I hope the Lands End one works out for you though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC