ikea table chairs or little tikes?

Kel

Looking for a smallish table and chairs for homeschooling my 3and 6 yr old. It will go in 3 yrs old room. Any thoughts or suggestions? They will be at the big table at times, but need a separate area when big kids needs quite.

I was lm looking at the Ikea adjustable hight table, it looks good. Or maybe just a little tikes table.

Thanks Kelley

ADS

wnkw

Which LT table are you looking at? We have the small and big "traditional" picnic tables and the one that has a bench on all sides. Weve had the small inside for dd1 to eat snacks at since she was very little, but shes about to big for it. Theres no way anyone could work at it with her. She barely has room for her school papers and a pencil box. The bigger one (for 6) would probably work. Ours has been outside, so we haven't tried it for schoolwork.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Athena

My kids have 3 Ikea tables, so we must like them. ;) Which Ikea tables are you looking at, specifically? They have a height adjustable table in the kids section, but they also have the galant desk series that are continuously height adjustable from a kids' height up to approx. bar or standing adult desk height and come in a bunch of sizes and finishes. How tall are the "big" kids who will be using it?

I'm not as familiar with the Little Tikes tables, but I prefer the look of the Ikea kids' furniture. But that's just a personal preference thing.

featherhead

We have the ikea kids height adjustable table. It is really solid and sturdy! Works great for my kids. They are 4 & 6 and I have it on the middle adjustment, and it is plenty high.

Kel

I was looking at the Ikea table in the kids section. It has red and blue on the legs. I will check out their desk also, thanks.

To clarify, my big kids will be at the big tables. So just the little will be using this table. DD is 6.5 but only 45" tall. I have DS 3. And a super tiny 16 month old that it can be passed down too.

For those will the Ikea tables, do you have the matching chairs? Do you like them?

Athena

Sorry, I misunderstood. For kids that little/short, the desk I mentioned is more than you need.

So you're really just looking for a small kids' table to use when they are small, then they will transition to another table, is that right? Then probably any of their kids' tables would work for you. You could just get the one you like the look of the best. We have chairs too and they've worked well for us, very sturdy and all. The only problem we've had is that the white set we bought almost 6 years ago and has been well used is starting to show a bit of wear, but it's white and all that means is that I'm considering painting it, not getting rid of it. It's still very sturdy. I hope this helps.

Athena

But I wouldn't go for the cheapest set. I've heard bad things about the $20 table with chairs set, unless they've improved it.

agave

I have 2 Ikea critter chairs and an Ikea and 2 Lack tables I expect the chairs to outlast the tables. I've had them almost 3 years and the chairs are showing very little wear.

Kel

Heather, thanks. That's the table I was looking at. If you only on middle setting with a 6 yr, that sounds like what I need. I also just noticed it longer than most tables in child sizes.

Athena, I agree, cheapest wouldnt be best. Not with 6 kids running about, lol!!

featherhead

Heather, thanks. That's the table I was looking at. If you only on middle setting with a 6 yr, that sounds like what I need. I also just noticed it longer than most tables in child sizes.

Athena, I agree, cheapest wouldnt be best. Not with 6 kids running about, lol!!

Yup, that's why I wanted it. That way by the time my girls are too big for it, they might be ready for a regular size table or desk. And it is seriously sturdy! The table top is solid. For chairs, we just have some wooden ones that FIL made for our kids.

krasota

I don't remember the name of the Ikea table/chairs we have, but they're the equivalent of Kritter: solid wood, sturdy. Ours came unfinished (it was lots cheaper than the one with the antique finish that matches our other furniture), so I sanded and stained them. Intended to put a poly finish on top, but never did.

The chairs are solid enough that if we sit down gingerly, they have no problem supporting an average adult. I use the chairs as stepstools, too . . . and sometimes the table. ;)

I don't know if two 6yos could work at it together, unless they were collaborating. DS works at the table *with* a friend, but not on separate things.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC