Question LBB for 3 across in Odyssey

mamabearof3

We are buying a 2011 Odyssey from my uncle and I told my boys they could move to a LBB when we had side curtain airbags. The boys are 9.5 and 8. They are exactly the same size and within 2#s of each other. They are currently in Parkway HBBs. The boys will be outboard 3rd row.

What LBBs...
1. Latch
2. Will fit 3 across with an additional LBB 3rd row of a 2011 Odyssey? (For playdates.)
3. Fits long skinny kids comfortably?

Thank you!
~Mama Bear to 4 (9.5, 8, 5.5 & 1 week old:)

ADS

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I can't help much except to say that literally any combination of LBBs will fit, width wise, in an Ody, in wide mode.

What is wide mode? The 3rd row expands in an Ody?

If they currently fit in their Parkways, I would start by taking the backs off and seeing if they are still a good fit. If they are, then no need to waste more money. The parkway has a pretty small footprint, too. :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Wide mode is a feature of the second row in 2011 and newer 8-passenger Odysseys. Wide mode allows the second row vehicle seats to be moved farther apart from each other, freeing up more space width-wise for side by side carseat installs. The third row that the OP is specifically inquiring about doesn't have a wide mode, just the second row, but good info. for the OP to be aware of all the same if she's going to own a Ody with wide mode. :)

There are probably some entries in the Successful 3 Across thread at http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33226 involving belt positioning boosters in the third row in the 2011+ Odyssey.

ElfJewel

We have a literider passenger side in the 3rd row with 2 Radians.

I would try the Parkways but the 3rd row is really narrow. You might need a bubblebum for the 3rd seat.

mamabearof3

My 5.5yo is transitioning to a HBB and I was going to use their Parkways for her. I don't like how much room she has width wise in her Frontier in HBB mode and she fits like a glove in the Parkways.

I started booster training her in prep for kindergarten and for the grandparents for when the new baby came. (I don't trust them to install a Frontier or any seat for that matter.:) She is better than her brothers at staying in proper alignment and she uses the slide guard. I don't see her going back to harness mode except for car trips.

I had hoped to purchase 2 latchable LBB instead of purchasing HBBs for her. The boys need to stay in HBBs in our truck due to the lack of side curtain airbags and a center head rest.

I guess I will have to wait until we pick it up next week and play with it a bit?

Thanks,
Mamabear to 4 (9.5, 8, 5.5 and 1 week)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC