Question Seat belt warranty- Chrysler?

Brianna

Does anybody know if Chrysler has a lifetime seat belt warranty? Google wasn't much help which leads me to think they don't...

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, Honda claims to, although I don't know exactly what it covers. I haven't heard of any other companies doing it. Might want to call a dealership to see.

Brianna

I'm asking for a friend, he plans on going to a dealer today because his driver seat belt broke yesterday. I was hoping if there was a warranty you would know- we all know dealerships aren't always aware of all their policies ;)

Hm, my Google Fu is coming up with nothing definitive. Lots of people claim there is one, but no proof beyond their words.

Honda apparently has a corporate policy to do so, but no other company does that I can find evidence of. There's a .pdf of the actual Honda policy for the front seat belts that dates back to the early 90s floating around on the internet.

If your friend goes, I'd tell him to mention the seat belt and if they deny, just say, "I thought there was a federal law mandating a lifetime warranty for seatbelts. I mean, it's a safety issue." That seems to have done the trick for a few people who got initially denied by their dealership.

SavsMom

According to Chryslers warranty pdf for all 2013s - it looks as though the restraint system would fall under the basic limited warranty unless the vehicle was sold and registered in Kansas - then its 10 years unlimited miles. Keep in mind this is for 2013 - Chrysler has changed their warranty a few times over the last several years.

If a manufacturer doesnt list a seperate restraint system warranty it defaults to the basic limited.

I know Toyota has a seperate restraint system warranty of 5 years / 60k.

SavsMom

Hm, my Google Fu is coming up with nothing definitive. Lots of people claim there is one, but no proof beyond their words.

Honda apparently has a corporate policy to do so, but no other company does that I can find evidence of. There's a .pdf of the actual Honda policy for the front seat belts that dates back to the early 90s floating around on the internet.

If your friend goes, I'd tell him to mention the seat belt and if they deny, just say, "I thought there was a federal law mandating a lifetime warranty for seatbelts. I mean, it's a safety issue." That seems to have done the trick for a few people who got initially denied by their dealership.

You could try that - however the dealerships hands get tied as warranty work is approved through corporate - the dealer really has no say unless they take it upon themselves to do so. The tech will take photos of the issue, explain the problem and submit it for approval to corporate.

You could try that - however the dealerships hands get tied as warranty work is approved through corporate - the dealer really has no say unless they take it upon themselves to do so. The tech will take photos of the issue, explain the problem and submit it for approval to corporate.

They have some leeway for goodwill. At least Toyota does. You'd be amazed what certain employees can get away with as "warranty" repairs/replacement.

SavsMom

They have some leeway for goodwill. At least Toyota does. You'd be amazed what certain employees can get away with as "warranty" repairs/replacement.

I know Toyota does - especially if the service dept has a good relationship with the corporate side. The Toyota dealer I worked for would often cover an item out of the dealerships pocket if it weren't covered under warranty (owner is a firm believer in customer service and paying it forward).

My spouse works for Chrysler - apparently they are pretty strict on their warranty claims.

I really think there should be some standard, across the board warranty for all manufacturers for restraint systems - then again I have seen customers try to get some things covered under warranty that would blow your mind (ie : replace my engine with 45k on it that I failed to have serviced EVER - not a single oil change).

Cookie A

Hi Brianna, I know this is years later, but do you by chance have any more info on the year and model and who did the repair? We have a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country and it is the female buckle that is broken and they want $300 for a used one and $600 for new. I appreciate any info you can give me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC