Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seat belt warranty- Chrysler?

Does anybody know if Chrysler has a lifetime seat belt warranty? Google wasn't much help which leads me to think they don't...

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Bump

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Re: Seat belt warranty- Chrysler?

I've never heard of a lifetime warranty for a car part before.

I've heard Honda has a lifetime warranty for seat belts.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Yes, Honda claims to, although I don't know exactly what it covers. I haven't heard of any other companies doing it. Might want to call a dealership to see.

I'm asking for a friend, he plans on going to a dealer today because his driver seat belt broke yesterday. I was hoping if there was a warranty you would know- we all know dealerships aren't always aware of all their policies

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Hm, my Google Fu is coming up with nothing definitive. Lots of people claim there is one, but no proof beyond their words.

Honda apparently has a corporate policy to do so, but no other company does that I can find evidence of. There's a .pdf of the actual Honda policy for the front seat belts that dates back to the early 90s floating around on the internet.

If your friend goes, I'd tell him to mention the seat belt and if they deny, just say, "I thought there was a federal law mandating a lifetime warranty for seatbelts. I mean, it's a safety issue." That seems to have done the trick for a few people who got initially denied by their dealership.

According to Chryslers warranty pdf for all 2013s - it looks as though the restraint system would fall under the basic limited warranty unless the vehicle was sold and registered in Kansas - then its 10 years unlimited miles. Keep in mind this is for 2013 - Chrysler has changed their warranty a few times over the last several years.

If a manufacturer doesnt list a seperate restraint system warranty it defaults to the basic limited.

I know Toyota has a seperate restraint system warranty of 5 years / 60k.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
    Hm, my Google Fu is coming up with nothing definitive. Lots of people claim there is one, but no proof beyond their words.

Honda apparently has a corporate policy to do so, but no other company does that I can find evidence of. There's a .pdf of the actual Honda policy for the front seat belts that dates back to the early 90s floating around on the internet.

If your friend goes, I'd tell him to mention the seat belt and if they deny, just say, "I thought there was a federal law mandating a lifetime warranty for seatbelts. I mean, it's a safety issue." That seems to have done the trick for a few people who got initially denied by their dealership.
    You could try that - however the dealerships hands get tied as warranty work is approved through corporate - the dealer really has no say unless they take it upon themselves to do so. The tech will take photos of the issue, explain the problem and submit it for approval to corporate.

DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

I forgot to update. It was the female end of the buckle that was broken. They charged him $40 to order the part.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Hi Brianna, I know this is years later, but do you by chance have any more info on the year and model and who did the repair? We have a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country and it is the female buckle that is broken and they want $300 for a used one and $600 for new. I appreciate any info you can give me!

Quote Originally Posted by SavsMom View Post
    You could try that - however the dealerships hands get tied as warranty work is approved through corporate - the dealer really has no say unless they take it upon themselves to do so. The tech will take photos of the issue, explain the problem and submit it for approval to corporate.
    They have some leeway for goodwill. At least Toyota does. You'd be amazed what certain employees can get away with as "warranty" repairs/replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by codex57 View Post

They have some leeway for goodwill. At least Toyota does. You'd be amazed what certain employees can get away with as "warranty" repairs/replacement.
    I know Toyota does - especially if the service dept has a good relationship with the corporate side. The Toyota dealer I worked for would often cover an item out of the dealerships pocket if it weren't covered under warranty (owner is a firm believer in customer service and paying it forward).

My spouse works for Chrysler - apparently they are pretty strict on their warranty claims.

I really think there should be some standard, across the board warranty for all manufacturers for restraint systems - then again I have seen customers try to get some things covered under warranty that would blow your mind (ie : replace my engine with 45k on it that I failed to have serviced EVER - not a single oil change).

DS - 9/13 - Boulevard