Car Seat PSA

scoutingbear

If you have a seat installed with a seatbelt in a captain's chair and take the car to be washed and vacuumed, make sure you check your seat before leaving! I just had my car cleaned and they slid my captain's chair back toward where the seatbelt is attached to the car. This made my daughter's seat very loose and I had to reinstall before driving away. Next time I'll just take it out so they can vacuum under it! It was something I hadn't thought about before! :eek:

ADS

YinzerMama

Don't many car manufacturers require the seat to be as far back as possible if installing a car seat? I guess this would be one explanation for why. Reduces risk of an accidental un-install.

I'd take the seats out anyway, if having the car cleaned. If I am gonna pay someone else to clean it, they're gonna clean ALL of it. Every last disgusting goldfish encrusted inch.

katymyers

I had that happen to me in my old Pontiac, not from someone cleaning it but because DH gave my MIL a ride once and she had to move the seat back so she could fit in the front seat comfortably. My husband didn't notice so they drove around with Hunter in that car seat :/.... I actually like that my Mazda specifies having the 2nd row all the way back for car seats, it's really smart, even though I'm currently using LATCH on both seats I have installed there at the moment so it wouldn't matter.

scoutingbear

I usually take the seats all the way out when getting the car cleaned. This particular day I had all the kids so I wasn't looking forward to corralling them in the car wash parking lot while installing seats. After our next trip the seats and kids will stay home while the car gets nice and clean.

flutie128

I had not thought about that before but I prefer to take the seats out for cleaning so I usually go by myself. If I had the seats all the way back in the 2nd row of my Sienna there would be no legroom in the 3rd row.

thepote

There is no requirement for the captains chairs in my Odyssey to be in any specific position (2005).

ETA- ...when installing car seats :)

Last edited:

4boysmom

In our oddy moving the captains seat all the way back means the back row has a seat right up in their face, something I worry about with my booster riders...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC