Carpool Seating

scoutingbear

Help me figure this out. Someone has bound to come up with something good. lol

The car: 2013 Sienna. Tether points in middle 3rd row, and captains chairs. lower anchors offset in 3rd row and in captains chairs. 8 seater.

The kids: 12 year old (seatbelt), 9 1/2 year old (5 steps in 8th seat and outboard in 3rd row or rides in backless or HB Monterey), 8 1/2 year old (needs a booster in all positions), 7 year old (has 1/4" left of height in FR85, rides fine in a booster), 5 year old (rides in a Chase as a booster in his parents car; I'd prefer to harness for carpool). 3 year old (usually RF in RN in driver's captains chair).

I have a variety of boosters at my disposal. I have the FR85 and GN that will fit the 5 year old (he is a tall and solid kid).

Carpool will take place at least once a week but more often if meetings and things come up (I work with the mom of the other kids. We help each other with childcare and rides on our off days and conflicting meeting days). I have no problem leaving an installed harness for 5 year old. I have to be able to slide the passenger captains chair forward for kids to access the third row. Climbing is not an option at this point. The car is brand new! :)

ADS

scoutingbear

Here are a couple options I have come up with.

3rd row passenger to driver: HB turbo for 7 or 8 year old. FR85 for 5 year old. 9 or 12 year old.
2nd row: nb booster (so we don't have to unthread belt every time we move the seat) for 7 or 8 year old, 9 or 12 year old, RF RN
For "normal" rides, the 9 year old can ride in the nb and the 7 year old can ride in the FR85 until outgrown and then HB turbo.

7 year old just informed me he wants to keep theFR85 as a booster. :headdesk: so....
3rd row: passenger FR85 booster, GN (I have no idea if this will work at all!), 9 or 12 year old
2nd row: nb booster, 9 or 12 year old, RF RN

If I flipped the 3 year old I could make sure never to have her and 5 year old at the same time and use the graco clone seat for both.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC