My Brilliant Idea

nannykates

Is to make headrests with wings for car sleeping that go into the existing vehicle posts (and of course are tested and aproved by the manufacturer).
Also if someone is in a position to make that happen feel free to steal my idea!

Feel free to share yours :)

ADS

Keeyamah

Some kind of built in car seat that can go from laying flat (tested to really low weights that way as well), to RFing until 50lbs and 50in or thereabouts (which on the growth chart site I had gone to was a 100% 4 yr old) and has at least 20in harness slots for FFing. It would accomplish this by extending down into the vehicle seat somehow, as well as up. Oh, and for the older kids that are ERFing, it could go to a very little recline (like 10* or something, I'm not sure how upright Swedish seats can be). Oh, and the first couple/three harness slots would start pretty low for the little littles. I have no idea if this could actually happen right now, with today's tech though, lol.

jubgulia

nannykates said:
Is to make headrests with wings for car sleeping that go into the existing vehicle posts (and of course are tested and aproved by the manufacturer).
Also if someone is in a position to make that happen feel free to steal my idea!

Feel free to share yours :)

The Oobr headrest fits on the seats of the '06 Sienna, but doesn't lock into place. No, I did not drive with it this way, but I loved how comfy it was to rest my head on. Would have loved it for our 2 day road trip.

MommyShannon

Somebody posted a link a while back for something that hooked on the headrest to add wings. It was for kids that really just needed to be in hbb instead. I'd love head wings on the front passenger seat, lol.

YinzerMama

I don't know if you are going for car-based or carseat-based but driving home from new york yesterday I kept looking at my daughter zonked out in the 3rd row of my van - she is 5 but still in pull ups at night and was NOT in a pull up - I kept thinking she was gonna pee and it was gonna leak back into all the stuff in the cargo area.

I said to my husband someone should make a car seat with a catch basin for pee.

There's more than one kind of accident. :jive:

Brianna

Are the Hawaiian air headrests similar to this? They lay flat but both sides fold in. This was American Airlines. :doh: missed the video posted!

91001481-83f8-4a3a-8571-f372024db855_zps89c45872.jpg

Rebekah

Delta and American both had headrests like that on the international flights I just did. They were great!

nannykates

I don't know if you are going for car-based or carseat-based but driving home from new york yesterday I kept looking at my daughter zonked out in the 3rd row of my van - she is 5 but still in pull ups at night and was NOT in a pull up - I kept thinking she was gonna pee and it was gonna leak back into all the stuff in the cargo area.

I said to my husband someone should make a car seat with a catch basin for pee.

There's more than one kind of accident. :jive:

Lol...now there's a thought!

_juune

Renault's "Sleep safe" headrest? Another link. I'm not sure I like the looks of it, though. Either there is indeed always forward momentum in side crashes, or is it just me that it looks like one's neck would easily snap against it in a side impact? :twitch:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC