Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Best option for a chunky 1 year old under $100?

My nephew has outgrown his bucket seat. My brother ic in nursing school and they are on a tight budget. He wanted to get an evenflo chase, but that's not a rear facing seat, right?
    Mama to DS:10/03-Harmony Transit, DD 1/06 Parkway, DD2 4/10- Nextfit/frontier DD3 7/13- Pria

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
    My nephew has outgrown his bucket seat. My brother ic in nursing school and they are on a tight budget. He wanted to get an evenflo chase, but that's not a rear facing seat, right?
    Yep Chase is forward facing only. What about the sureride or scenara?

4. Thank You from:

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Best option for a chunky 1 year old under $100?

Yes, only FF- and if he's chunky it won't last long either, as FF seats go.

I'd look at the following:

Evenflo SureRide
    Safety 1st OnSide Air
    Safety 1st Guide 65
    Cosco APT 40RF

In addition, the Graco MyRides are on clearance at some Targets right now.

(Of all of those, the SureRide is the longest lasting, then the MyRide and the Guide, then the OnSide, then the APT. The SureRide is also on clearance in some Targets- $49 if you can find one.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

6. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

My Target had the MyRides for 50% off this week!
    DD1: 13, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 9, Chicco KidFit, HBTB
    DD2: 6, ffing RA50

CPS Fanatic

fwiw I am trying to decide what to do with ds2 when his ma expires next year. I have been using my very small for her age 5yo as a lab rat for car seat testing. The SureRide is pretty bare bones basic but super roomy and decently padded - she really liked it. More than the Chicco NextFit which seemed nicer to me!!! It's high up on my maybe list.