Question Maestro vs Chase Select

love-pink

These seats look so similar... Is it the same shell?

Evenflo's site list them as the same weight but the Chase is described as an inch taller, inch less shallow and 1/2 inch less wide. But in stock photos the Maestro looks taller because of a different shaped shell top.

Anyone have both seats to compare?

Is the Maestro worth $10 more, 10 more lbs and blah covers? Do the Chase cup holders stink? Think the covers are interchangeable?

Do these seats make a good booster?

ADS

nannykates

The chase, maestro, and securekids are all based on the same shell. I think the maestro is worth it for most kids because 50 lbs can be a much better booster age and is closer to when the harness height maxes.

creideamh

I've had all 3. They all have about the same top slots. Chase's cup holders are useless for cups, IMO. Too shallow and sippys kept falling out. If your kid won't hit 40lb til 5+ like mine (and you're ok with boostering or buying a new seat then), I think it's a fine choice. Neither the Maestro nor the Chase make great boosters because the headrests don't move, so they're pretty much outgrown when the harness is outgrown. The fit is generally pretty good, though, for all 3.
Oh, and no, I don't think the covers are interchangeable at all but don't know 100%.
Lol, keep forgetting things: the Chase's straps are VERY twisty. Like super easily, every single time I got DD in/out.

love-pink

I've had all 3. They all have about the same top slots. Chase's cup holders are useless for cups, IMO. Too shallow and sippys kept falling out. If your kid won't hit 40lb til 5+ like mine (and you're ok with boostering or buying a new seat then), I think it's a fine choice. Neither the Maestro nor the Chase make great boosters because the headrests don't move, so they're pretty much outgrown when the harness is outgrown. The fit is generally pretty good, though, for all 3.
Oh, and no, I don't think the covers are interchangeable at all but don't know 100%.
Lol, keep forgetting things: the Chase's straps are VERY twisty. Like super easily, every single time I got DD in/out.

We've had a few Maestros and the straps weren't too bad. IMO about as twisty as a GN. Does the Chase have thinner straps in your opinion?

creideamh

We've had a few Maestros and the straps weren't too bad. IMO about as twisty as a GN. Does the Chase have thinner straps in your opinion?

Yes, definitely. Thinner than the SureRide too, IMO (which also twisted on me often but not every time.) I liked the adjustable headrest on the SKs, but the main reason I got rid of the Chase was the twisty straps. Even for just a 5 day vacation, it drove me in-freaking-sane!

love-pink

Yes, definitely. Thinner than the SureRide too, IMO (which also twisted on me often but not every time.) I liked the adjustable headrest on the SKs, but the main reason I got rid of the Chase was the twisty straps. Even for just a 5 day vacation, it drove me in-freaking-sane!

Twisty straps are the worst!! That persistent head slump.... I can't let those two things slide for some reason and I think thats why I always go back to Britax.

Do you happen to know what buckle is Evenflo using now?

creideamh

Twisty straps are the worst!! That persistent head slump.... I can't let those two things slide for some reason and I think thats why I always go back to Britax.

Do you happen to know what buckle is Evenflo using now?

I don't, mine were DOMs early this year. I don't know if they've switched from the circle buckles, but none of mine were ever super difficult to undo (compared to the Gracos I tried in store, I don't have hand issues and literally couldn't get them undone.)

aporthole

I contacted Eveflo about our sometimes difficult buckle on our Maestro about 3 months ago. They sent me a new crotch strap with buckle and new tongues to thread onto the harness. It is super easy to buckle and unbuckle now. If you got an Evenflo seat with the old style buckle, they should be able to send you the new improved one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC