Como's here!

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
If you really want i'd love to see the compairson pics in this to the radian... i'm just not going to be able to do the regent when abby out grows the radain, i'm going to have to move her to a booster or this it probably our other option... but if it's only going to give us a slight differance i'm not sure... plus it would need to fit 3 across... is it to BIG??? I think 3 across would be radain, como, and some kinda booster for ds (parkway current might be a start or new radain booster, who knows... )??? Thanks!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll get some Radian pics next to it...it's in the house anyway :)

Ok, I put in pictures of Bitsy in it..she was not happy, but she's a good model anyway, lol.

LuvBug

how cute!!

where are he shoulders at in a roundabout? for height comparison?

Im starting to think DS wouldnt actually have much time in it like I thought at first.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
how cute!!

where are he shoulders at in a roundabout? for height comparison?

Im starting to think DS wouldnt actually have much time in it like I thought at first.

Right *at* the middle slots in the RA...kind of would be in the top already if she were FF...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Right *at* the middle slots in the RA...kind of would be in the top already if she were FF...

Ah, the three lowest slots on the Como must be about the same as the three on the RA.... I guess I should whip out a tape measure... (not today...my house is... frenzied... :rolleyes:)

ZephyrBlue

She's adorable! And I love that Hanna Playdress ;)

I'd love to see Radian comparison pics, too :thumbsup:

Whenever you get a spare minute, LOL!! ;) Like that ever happens, I know! :)

LuvBug

I really want to see one IRL and see how he would fit. Im trying to compare kids in their other seats to in it to get a feel of how they sit... I was thinking DS would be in the top slots, but he might be right at the 2nd from top? I dunno... he is in the 2nd from top in his regent with about 1-1.5" from that slot, I think... hes closer to that slot than the one below it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, I installed it... Um... It's ok. Really upright? Not sure if I did something wrong? The LATCH has two separate loop/tails to pull, one on each side (Everyone say it with me: Just like a Britax!), so that was cool for tightening. I reclined the van's seatback to tighten it then lock it back up into place... Oh, here was the funniest thing. The captain's chair was pushed pretty far backwards...I could see that there was going to be no way to load that kid into the seat in that tiny space between the sidewings and the door jamb.. .then ta da! I pushed the captain's chair WAY forward! There's plenty of room in the van, and the Como is so upright it had plenty of space for that, and now there's a huge opening to get that kid in there. Which I didn't do. Because the mouse/critter/whatever had *chewed* it's way off the glue trap we put there last night... so dh made me drive his car and he took the seat and captain's chair out completely this morning. :p
Anyway... the seat is super high up... I'll have to teach Leah to climb in, lol... no easy loading like the Radian. I miss the top tethering... I dunno, my van's TA is on the bottom of the seat, think anyone at Recaro would tell me not to tether to it? :eek: The seat's base is really smooth...good for nervous (about their upholstery) parents, bad for getting an easy solid installation...
I just want that mouse OUT so I can have my car back and know my seats are safe...whine whine whine...

Cindy&Connor

I pm'd you but I'll ask here anyway. Is this the one from dreamtime baby for the really good price? I'm just curious because it looks like I'm getting a Signo. They told me mine was backordered until October 10th when I asked.:confused:

lovinwaves

Yep, I mentioned in my review that the seat installed upright when rear-facing and that pool noodles would be needed.

With my kids I wouldn't need the pool noodles, but for that 3mth old baby I did an install for we did. Although, she had those horrible slanting Subaru seats!

tl01

Dumb question... I know... but when you are getting such an upright install... is this with the seat reclined RFing?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I pm'd you but I'll ask here anyway. Is this the one from dreamtime baby for the really good price? I'm just curious because it looks like I'm getting a Signo. They told me mine was backordered until October 10th when I asked.:confused:

Oh, I hope you DO get the Signo...I mean, the picture WAS of a Signo... If you hate it, we can trade (but then again, I don't think the Signo is even coming out THAT soon, so don't hold your breath). (yeah, it was the bargain basement screw up price from dreamtime baby...for a random 'recaro convertible' with a signo pictured...someone there is probably in trouble for messing this up so bad :p )

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dumb question... I know... but when you are getting such an upright install... is this with the seat reclined RFing?
Yeah, it was reclined...there's a super simple recline handle and the whole thing glides effortlessly into recline...it's VERY reclined in the house... I didn't think my seats were so sloped!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yep, I mentioned in my review that the seat installed upright when rear-facing and that pool noodles would be needed.

With my kids I wouldn't need the pool noodles, but for that 3mth old baby I did an install for we did. Although, she had those horrible slanting Subaru seats!

Yeah, I was installing in my 'dress clothes' to race to a morning meeting... my brain was not fully engaged (thinking I wish my dh would come home and babysit, and ugh, my armpits are sweaty :whistle:...I bet I could have accessed that info in my brain if it were any other day, rofl!)
:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC