Narrow Infant Seat

dhardawa

My sister is pregnant. She drives an old Saturn SL2, so her back seat is very small. A new car isn't an option right now. This will be her third kid. My niece is out of a booster. My nephew will have just turned four when this baby is born and will probably have to go to a booster. The center position is lap belt only, so the baby will need to go there. What is a decent quality, very narrow, infant seat? (And putting my nephew in a Radian is out of the question.)

ADS

abigaylebelle

What is the budget? Does it have to be an infant seat? The combi coccoro would probably work great in this situation.

The narrowest infant seat is the babytrend flexloc. I can't speak to the installation in her saturn though. The only problems are that she will have to put the handle down and the seat is also really narrow and probably uncomfortable for a baby over 15ish pounds.

The chicco keyfit is a better option but it is much more expensive.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The new Graco Click Connect 30/35 are very narrow, like narrower at the foot than the previously-narrowest Baby Trends, by like a half inch.

dhardawa

Thanks! I was already looking at the Flex Loc, but will look at the Graco too. I had a Latch-loc with Max and loved it. I hadn't really thought about the Combi, but that's a possibility too since she doesn't use a travel system with her kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC