Harness Booster question

newmommy929

Ok so I am looking at having a spare seat in our car that could be used for 2 out of 3 kids. My ff 5 1/2 year old and my rf 3 1/2 year old (but would be ok with him ff for short trips). I was thinking of getting an extended harnassed seat (ff only probably), and just wanted to see what my options are. Price is not really an issue. I would like to NOT have to remove the seat to adjust the straps if a differant kiddo is riding in it. So please let me know what are some good options. Thanks!

ADS

jnamommy

What are the weights and torso heights (or shirts sizes if that's easier) of the kids? One combination seat (FF harness or booster) that we have is a Secure Kid, you can adjust the harness without rethreading. I used it in my parents' vehicle to switch between two kids also.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If money is truly no object, and if the kids are small enough, and if you have enough space in your vehicle (that's a lot of Ifs) then this could possibly be a job for the Graco SmartSeat. If I understand correctly, it can be switched easily from RF to FF and the harness height is no-rethread. But it's expensive and if your kids aren't petite your little one probably can't RF in it and your big one might not fit in it at all.

More realistically, I think I'd see if a Harmony Defender would work. Or maybe a Britax combo seat (Pioneer, Frontier 90, or Pinnacle). Or a Graco Argos. I didn't know the SecureKid was a no-rethread seat - is that new? Which SecureKid do you have?

momtoo3

Evenflo Symphony is another option. Your younger one may have outgrown it RF but it is a nice FF seat and a decent booster, although you will need a backless after it is outgrown in most cases.

ETA: Oops, just realized you wanted and extended harnessing seat to harness both kids. I don't think a 5 yr old will fit very long, if at all in the Symphony in the harness.

How big are your kids?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC