Would you be okay with this in a pinch?

love-pink

This is DD1 and DS2 in my 2013 Dodge Journey 3rd row.... would you call it okay if needed?

Right now they are using my 2nd row vehicle boosters that work great for them, but today I wanted to pick up my niece and nephew while we were out. Both DN and DN are younger and smaller so I would prefer to have them in the vehicle boosters if needed.

I didn't end up bringing them along because I couldn't decide on the belt fit for DD and DS and I didnt want to have to bring the other kids all the way back into town this evening :rolleyes: I don't have room in my tiny cargo to keep extra boosters so they wouldnt have been an option today either.

Im 100% not ready for my kids to be without a booster of some sort on a daily basis but it really got me thinking about what I would call exceptable
during times like today.

Both of touch the floor with their feet 100%, DD is 51 inches tall. DS is 50 inches. Both have 18 almost 19 inch torsos and are around 60lbs.

Excuse the crazy hair and goofy looks... it was a very very long day of playing outside :p

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They're so cute!

I really am not a fan of that belt fit. On your DS, it is okay on the window side but too high on the buckle side. Your DD's lap fit looks borderline okay, but the shoulder belt is fitting really weird!

I know you don't have much cargo room, but are you sure you can't fit two Literiders (maybe bungeed together so the handles interlock) tucked somewhere in the vehicle? That would probably be your best option. Especially if you only have to store them when the 3rd row is down (since it would be in use when the 3rd row is up, kwim?)

In an actual emergency, I would maybe greenlight that belt fit, but probably not for anything remotely optional. :(

ETA: Another thought. For my Pilot, I can put some small items on the floor of the 3rd row, if placed just-so, and still collapse the 3rd row down. Any possibility you can tuck Literiders down in the footwell and still lay down that row?

love-pink

I don't think the belt fit is 100% perfect, but I was surprised as I thought it would have been beyond terrible because my kids really aren't that big for their age.

Like I said if they *ever* did ride back there in the near future it would be in a pinch :eek:

hboo22

My 8.5 yo DD fits like that in the 3rd row of my Pacifica. I have let her sit that way in a pinch. But for everyday she sits in the 2nd row in a LBB, I just feel she's safer that way. My 7.5 yo DD sits in the 3rd row with a HBB for everyday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC