Radian vs. NextFit or something else...

annahugstrees

I currently have a Radian with AA installed in my 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander for my 21 month old. Even with the AA, I can't push the seats back for my SO to drive comfortably. How does the NextFit compare in size, front to back, with a Radian? Is there something else that is a little more compact or that just may fit better? Possibly My Size 70? Kiddo has always around the 20th percentile on the growth charts, so I'm not worried about him outgrowing in height or weight before his 3rd birthday.

Last edited:
ADS

eduller

Here is a thread with a bunch of pics of the Nextfit next to the Radian.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=243114&page=2

Some ideas - safety 1st complete air, evenflo triumph, any Britax seat. The nextfit and Mysize are both also possibilities. The Truefit can also be installed really upright and doesn't take up that much front to back space with it installed at 35 degrees. But it's really wide and has a 35 lb RF limit.

MommyShannon

I love Britax seats for average to below average size kiddos. They fit well in small spaces (front to back). We also have a Complete Air, but even more upright it takes up more space than our Britax seats. The True Fit is nice too but takes up a little more space.

annahugstrees

Another question - how far into the seat bight does the RF boot have to be? Right now I have it pushed in as far and hard as I could get it to achieve the 1" or less movement at the belt path, but I'm wondering if I pull it out a little, I might be able to push the foot of the Radian farther down into the seat, making it less reclined. Does that make sense? If I can still achieve the less than 1" of movement without the boot all the way in the bight, can I install that way?

I

Itchy&Scratchy

I have a Britax Marathon 70 fitting beautifully behind the driver's seat in a 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander. My hubby is 6'1" and he fits just fine. Since your kid is in 20% for height, the Marathon should last him awhile. Mine's in 99% and ran out of space RFing by 27 months and 37".

I have just bought a Radian RXT and I managed to fit it in the middle of the back seat, with the back of it wedged between the front seats without AA, belt installation. I am waiting for my AA to arrive this week - it should help.
Did you try installing it in the middle?

annahugstrees

I have a Britax Marathon 70 fitting beautifully behind the driver's seat in a 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander. My hubby is 6'1" and he fits just fine. Since your kid is in 20% for height, the Marathon should last him awhile. Mine's in 99% and ran out of space RFing by 27 months and 37".

I have just bought a Radian RXT and I managed to fit it in the middle of the back seat, with the back of it wedged between the front seats without AA, belt installation. I am waiting for my AA to arrive this week - it should help.
Did you try installing it in the middle?

IT is installed in the middle, but I was told that the vehicle doesn't allow bracing because of the air bags.

jasminegrl

check your manual, my vehicle specifically says i can't have anything touching the seat rails on the floor and no rf tethering because of the advanced airbags but nothing about bracing, if you heard it from the salesman at the dealership he may have no idea what he is talking about, i know our salesman had no clue about anything car-seat related at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC