keekaroo vs stoke

YinzerMama

I have a stokke which I got on ridiculous sale at bru recently. never would have splurged before but it's my last kid and my last chance so... I love it. Makes for so much independance for a 2yo. Personally I don't think it's cost effective to use it infant through preschooler - the add ons are SO much money it is insane. The chair itself is awesome but there is no way around it, it is crazy expensive for what it is.

It has plastic slideys on the bottom and does well on our hard wood floor.

We have walnut and it wipes clean super easy. My kid likes it so much he ONLY sits there when keeps the mess in my dining room much more contained.

If there were not a crazy sale (I paid 130 for it with the infant insert , even though I don't need it) I would not hesitate to get the keekaroo. My MIL's husband's daughter has one of those and loves it.

From what I read the colored stokkes tend to chip over time so I would stick to a stained one for that reason.

edit - i would skip the cushions, they will just get gross. ours has a harness but i have removed it because harnesses get gross. this chair is so easy to get in to and the child sits so securely, I would really view it is something a toddler can use on their on. My little dude has been climbing into regular chairs and kneeling for quite some time now, I am sure he could have handled this at 1 1/2. He's a small young 2 now.

ADS

Meg

Thanks guys! :love: She was sucking on a cheerio in that pic, so I'll post her recent 9m pic for you where she's actually smiling. ;)
9325078858_a15b7160b1.jpg

Also, to comment on the issue of chipping.. We haven't run into any issues with chipping, scratching, etc. It's such great quality, I can't imagine that happening unless my kid took a knife to it. Lol. My kids are pretty rough on things and it is still in perfect/excellent condition. (Although, after I took the pic I realized how badly it needs to be scrubbed! :eek: )

amelia222

I know a lot of people love them but I can't stand our stokke chair. DD never liked to sit in it, the straps are always a tangled mess, and it always looks dirty. It doesn't seem to matter which slot I put the boards in, she really couldn't sit in it comfortably past 1.5 years old. I use a little strap-onto-the chair booster seat daily for daycare kids and the fancy chair collects dust.

kaharris83

I know a lot of people love them but I can't stand our stokke chair. DD never liked to sit in it, the straps are always a tangled mess, and it always looks dirty. It doesn't seem to matter which slot I put the boards in, she really couldn't sit in it comfortably past 1.5 years old. I use a little strap-onto-the chair booster seat daily for daycare kids and the fancy chair collects dust.

:yeahthatsad: We have one I got for a great deal but DS1 stopped sitting in it around 2. I think it depends on the kid. Also mine is the white one and as a PP mentioned the paint looks awful. It cracked and split. I emailed them and they sent me new parts but I've been saving them for when I resell it so I can't vouch for whether they fix the problem. But I wouldn't spend the money again on the Stokke and I don't recommend it when asked.

Kel

Hmmmm.....now I'm worried about the painted one's...the pretty colors are the reason I like the stoke.

Kel

To the poster who mention the youth chairs, how is leg support without the adjusting foot stool? Thinking maybe olderst DD could use one of these. If I can get her away from pink, lol.

BananaBoat

To the poster who mention the youth chairs, how is leg support without the adjusting foot stool? Thinking maybe olderst DD could use one of these. If I can get her away from pink, lol.

You mean the IKEA ones?
Honestly, I've never asked about her leg support, but she's never complained. It's not like she's in the chair for any longer than 30 mins or so, I can't imagine it being an issue.

amyd

You mean the IKEA ones?
Honestly, I've never asked about her leg support, but she's never complained. It's not like she's in the chair for any longer than 30 mins or so, I can't imagine it being an issue.

We have the wooden ones. They have a rung to rest their feet on, much like adult sized counter stools. My boys (2 & 5) both use them and seem to find them comfy. I like that they match our dining room table.

Kel

Thanks! How old do you think the IKEA chairs get kids? My DD1 is a small 6?

Has anyone used the green plastic one? Dose it stain? Tip?

thtr4me

I have 2 Keekaroos, and am very happy with them. I got one for DS1 and was so happy with it that I got a second for DS2. I find myself stealing DS1's often to use as my sewing chair. We do not have any extra pads or cushions for it, we did get them both with trays though, as the boys like to use the trays for playing and eating out of the dining room.

I do love the looks of the Tripp Trap though, and would love to get an American Walnut one someday as a sewing chair.

amyd

Here's a pic of our table and chairs. The table and adult chairs are antique finish as well. DS is almost 2 in this pic and is sitting in one of the youth chairs.

Attachments

• image-650491682.jpg
    image-650491682.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 20
We have 3 Tripp Trapps. We got our first when ods was 1 (so in 2002). He still sits in it and if we have guests over an adult will sit in it. We have been very happy with the chairs and how sturdy they are. We bought the baby kit for yds when we got his chair. He had low muscle tone and needed it to help keep him contained. He is little and we used the baby kit until after he turned 3. We also have cushions for all the chairs but the kids prefer the seats without the cushions. The chairs have not damaged our hardwood floors at all and have held up well to daily use.

Kel

Thank you all. Amy, thanks for the pics. The wood finish is really nice.
After much debating, I'm ordered 3 tripp trapp chairs. 1 in aqua form diapers.com for my 3yr old DS. It came with the free baby set, witch I ordered in white. I also ordered two pink ones from Amazon for my 6yr old and 16 month old. Theye we're on sale for $199. I'll put the baby set on one of the pink ones for 16 month old.

I was close to ordering the Ikea youth chairs. They look very nice. But I think my 6 yr old May outgrow it quickly. And my 16 month old is is only in the 1% for hight, so she may need more support. That only left the 3 yr old, so figured they might as well match seat styles, lol. Plus we're not done yet with babies, so I justified it, lol.

I would have tried the boosters on chairs, but my kids destroyed the foam type last yr. Plus, we're short on chairs, and I think the aqua and pale pink will look cute in our county styled kitchen, mixed with our Amish oak stuff. At least I hope so, lol.

Kel

I received my aqua tripp trapp chair today. My 3 yr old DS loves it. He can easily climb up and down himself. And the color is sooo pretty.

BUT ...I can't figure out how to remove the crouch strap? Anyone?

Thanks

lilpenguin

We have 2 Tripp Trapps and the girls love them.

One came with a set of cushions (free) but I never bothered using them b/c I figured it would just be one more thing to clean. They used the harness till about 2.5y. DD1 was a bit older when we got hers, but DD2 started using hers pretty early (under 1y).

We have bamboo floors and I haven't noticed any scratching. There is a bit of wear where DD1 sits, but probably b/c she has been in the same spot for years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC