keekaroo vs stoke

Kel

I'm going to be purchasing one of these soon. I just can't decide between the two.... Which do you prefer? Why?
Will they scratch real hard wood floors?
Any pics of babies/big kids in them?
I'm considering a 2nd one without all the extras for my six yr old. Her feet fall asleep easily, and though one of these might help.....

Thanks Kelley

ADS

featherhead

My sister and mom both have a keekaroo. I like to sit on them :). They are nice solid seats. They both have hardwood floors, and they haven't mentioned problems. I think my mom might have felt pads on the bottom of hers.

Kel

Thanks. I really like the colored of the trip trap...but the price is a little nicer on the keekaroo. So I thought maybe there'd be something to help me decide,lol. Anything better about one over the other??

BananaBoat

We have had the Stokke since 2008 & used it with both girls. I love it. Very comfortable & holds up to 200# I think? We have felt pads on the bottom. Currently, my 2 year old uses it daily, but the 5 year old sometimes wants to sit in it. The 5 year old's daily seat is from IKEA - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50207036/ which fits our needs perfectly. They also make on in wood http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10099897/
They are very sturdy! DH has sat in it on a number of occasions :rolleyes:

creideamh

We have the Keekaroo with felt pads on the bottom. I can send you a pic of DD in it later... it's super nice, very solid. The seatbelt came damaged in the box from Amazon, so I emailed and they sent a new one for free super quickly. I'm very happy with it, and DD will fit in it for ages. I could probably fit, honestly, if the seat were lowered!

Kel

Thanks ladies. Pics would be great!

So, if I were to go tripp trapp, would you get cushions for 6 and 3yr olds?
And what for the 16 mo old? Would I need baby set? Or is that for smaller babies?

I guess the same questions for the keekaroo? What pieces for what age?

Athena

We got Tripp Trapp #1 when DD1 was 2yo and liked it so much we bought a second for DD2 at 18 months. We've never used them with a baby and don't have the baby set, but they worked great when they were toddlers (with harness at first) and they are still going strong at 5yo and almost 7yo with years of use ahead of us. They adjust to fit them great. We use them every day, many times a day and love them! I've never used the keekaroo, so I can only tell you about our experience with the Tripp Trapp.

Athena

And what for the 16 mo old? Would I need baby set? Or is that for smaller babies?

You certainly don't need the cushions, but if you want something cute and don't mind having to wash them regularly, then go for it. It's just like sitting on a comfortable wood dining chair, so not a problem at all without. I eventually got cushions when they were on sale and I think they're really cute, but they're off more often than on because they get dirty. My kids are messy so I prefer the easy to wipe down wood.

For 16 months, well all I can say is that our DD2 was fine in just the harness at 18 months. It's a five point harness, so fairly secure. But it probably depends on the toddler and where they're at developmentally. If you can get the babyset for not much more on sale, then I might get it just in case, but if not, I'd probably try it without first. HTH!

BananaBoat

Thanks ladies. Pics would be great!

I guess the same questions for the keekaroo? What pieces for what age?

We've used it for both girls starting at 1 year & never used any accessories other than the harness. The cushions are not worth the cleaning effort IMO & neither kid has complained of being uncomfortable.

Kel

Thank you all so much!! I was thinking the same thing about the cushions being a pain to keep clean...

I really wanted the dark blue tripp trapp chair for my DS. Is it discontinued?

Does it come with the 5pt harness?

I'd still love some pics!

creideamh

Here's DD in the Keekaroo just now. Seat is on 3rd notch, footrest on 7th I believe. There are 14 notches total. We got it when she was about 17 months old. No baby kit but it came with the highchair tray that we've never used, and the beige seat cushion which is always on it.

Attachments

• image-1001206531.jpg
    image-1001206531.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 45

Athena

Does it come with the 5pt harness?

I'd still love some pics!

Yes, they come with a 5 point harness.

Sorry, I don't have time to do any pics now. Stokke has some great pics on their site (or did last I looked), but I understand how it might be helpful to see kids of different sizes IRL.

I don't know their current colors, but when I had a question, I found Stokke customer service to be exceptional (FYI, in case you don't get all your answers here :)).

Last edited:

Kel

Thanks!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to give it try! I really like the stoke....but the keekaroo looks great. Wish they had colors.

Meg

We love our Tripp Trapp. I like to use the Ikea Antilop with my kids until about 12 months or so, and then I switch them to the Tripp Trapp. My 9 month old is down for the night, but I can take a pic of her in it tomorrow for you. Here is how my 3 year old fits:

Last edited:

daniele_ut

I really love our Keekaroo. I got a really good deal on it from Diapers.com when I bought it. I have a little Houdini on my hands so I've kept the infant insert in. I took it out for a week but he was really wiggly and was more secure with it. He's now almost 20 months old.

Here is with the infant insert:

View attachment 22279

And here he is with the toddler cushions:

image-1347009494.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC