Do you kids really have more height in the new Frontier?

Athena

I sat my almost 6.5yo DD in both the 90 and the 85, yet I couldn't even tell the difference. She wouldn't sit long, but it looked like she would outgrow either soon .. too soon. :( What have others found?

ADS

YinzerMama

I haven't tried comparing the 2 side by side as far as max height goes but there is only 1/2 inch difference as per the Britax web site which is pretty negligible IMO. With the padding and all you're gonna have to really dig to see it. The other features are what sell the seat. They probably made it a smidge taller just to say it was taller and to go hand in hand with the weight increase.

Jessica61624

Yes DD gained some room. The 90 installs way more upright which gives her at least another in. We will be maxing out the height limit on this seat to avoid a booster.

Athena

Based on previous posts the height difference happens when the seat is installed.

It was installed, both outboard in same car.

Yes DD gained some room. The 90 installs way more upright which gives her at least another in. We will be maxing out the height limit on this seat to avoid a booster.

Really? Maybe I should try it again.

ETA: Now I'm wondering if it got stuck and didn't go all the way up to the top position.

Last edited:

Athena

Although I'm remembering now that she wanted out quickly complaining she didn't like the fabric, so it may be a no go for her anyway. :( Do any of the fabrics feel nice?

Last edited:

Athena

It wasn't on the top position. :eek: It's really hard to get it to lock in up there :(, but I did and she definitely has more room in that. However, while I was out there with the whiny kid :rolleyes:, I made her try the 85 for booster fit and it fit so much better than it did when I tried it months ago. Yay! We actually have options!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC