Honda Odyssey Battery (draining) question.

U

Unregistered

good luck with honda and trying to get another vehicle. the lemon law states that you need to have the "exact" same problem 3 times. honda seems to always find a way to make sure that it is "not" the "exact" problem. trust me - i speak from experience and i own a lemon odyssey. attorney said that by the time we go through arbitration the expense would be greater than the van itself.

ADS
A

amyfrancis

My battery died right after we bought 2005 odyssey, replaced battery with Sears battery in 2005. Battery died last week, had van towed to Sears, they replaced battery and replaced corroded tip of battery cable. Yesterday battery died again had van towed to dealer, they said Sears messed up cable and would cost $700 because whole cable needed to be replaced, called Sears they went to dealer and said dealer told them it had to be replaced because not Honda part, I looked up battery cable online and it costs about $100 so not sure why it would cost me $700 through the dealer. Sears said that battery
must not be getting enough of a charge from the cable and that is not that
expensive to fix. Sounds like Sears messed up too when fixed the cable. Now I have to call both places tomorrow to try to get this fixed at affordable price. Has anyone had this problem with cable.

S

ssrakoski

Our family bought a new 05 Odyssey Touring, November 2005, and had NO PROBLEMS with the original battery until May 09: it died and we called AAA. AAA sent out their battery service and replaced the original with one of their own for $120. We thought this was a good deal with the 3 year warranty included for the AAA battery.

Oct 09 (five months later) come out to the garage to go to church with family and surprise...dead battery. Call AAA for replacement/warranty service and their analysis :bad cell- needs a replacement. "This is very unusual with these (AAA) batteries. I've never seen one of this type (Odyssey replacement)." explains the technician. No problem.

Today (1-10-10), come out to garage to go to church with family and....well I guess I wouldn't be posting this if we didn't have ANOTHER dead battery! Same local AAA technician responded today that was out three months ago. This time the battery took a jump and he recommended a "battery minder or tender". You're kidding me, right? We use the mini-van almost daily. Never had an issue with the original battery from Honda. He finishes the charging and shuts it off for the battery cell test: bad cell- needs a replacement.

He replaces this battery and departs...This car is five years old, 47000 miles, and doesn't have a DVD player, Navigation system or other whiz-bang stuff. I guess my question is this: Is it possible the alternator is gradually going out (not returning charge to battery after starting it) which would be indicative of these brand new batteries only lasting months? I'd like to take it to the dealership for assistance, (we did purchase an extended waranty) but I am fearing the usual runaround and seek any advice newer than what's ohterwise been posted!

A

armyoftwitch

We have just started having this issue with our 2006 Odyssey Touring. We bought it used over a year ago and never had any issues. Recently, the XM radio was activated and since then, the battery has completely discharged twice within one week. Battery and charging system both tested good. Made sure everything was turned off, key in off position, all lights off, etc. Am about 90% sure that XM is the problem child here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC