My seat collection.....

daycaremom2002

I re-installed all of my seats yesterday, so I took some pics while I was at it. I had to do a little re-arranging. I didn't like my 4yo little one in the third row by himself, so I moved him up to the second row with the other 2 boys. Now the third row is my kindergarten girls. Here are a few pics. They are RF MA and FF CS in the first row, then I have the Cargo,Futura, Cargo in the second another Futura and Cargo in the third, and a Big Kid booster in the fourth.

PICT3686.jpg

Ignore the drink containers :doh: I keep asking my older kids not to do that....

PICT3681.jpg

PICT3682.jpg

These tethers are ok, right? They supply 2 anchors on each bench, and they are both off center for any position.

PICT3685.jpg

I am patiently waiting for new hwh seats to come out. I will need to replace most of these seats next year. They all start expiring next August.

ADS

daycaremom2002

I am hoping that they come out with a great alternative for me in the next 6 months. I will have to start buying by then. I can't wait until they all expire and then buy them all. i would love if the Radian works, but with current issues, I am going to wait to purchase. I don't have any locally, so I don't want to mess with returns or defects.

Here's to hoping someone comes out with a great replacement for my beloved Futuras!!! :crying:

tl01

How does the Futura work with the single slot height? Does it not matter at what level the harnesses are at compared to the child's shoulder?
Thanks!

daycaremom2002

The Futura has 2 slots heights. By the time I put kids into them though, they have outgrown the lower heights usually. The kiddos I have in them right now, are just barely above the bottom slot. They are fine though. As long as the harness is above their shoulders, they are comfortable. I have never had one complain.

I tend to leave the slots a little high on my younger ones anyhow, because sometimes I have 2 different kids using the same seat.

I can take pictures if you would like to see.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That's great you have so many tethers! I did a daycare van last month (a 2007 Ford 15? passenger) and it only had 3 tether anchors. She had 10 seats in the van, 6 of them were ffing harnessed seats. :(

tl01

The Futura has 2 slots heights. By the time I put kids into them though, they have outgrown the lower heights usually. The kiddos I have in them right now, are just barely above the bottom slot. They are fine though. As long as the harness is above their shoulders, they are comfortable. I have never had one complain.

I tend to leave the slots a little high on my younger ones anyhow, because sometimes I have 2 different kids using the same seat.

I can take pictures if you would like to see.

No need to take pics... Thanks! From the pics I saw online when I looked up the seat, it appeared as thought here was only one slot height:)

daycaremom2002

Wow. I am really glad I didn't get a Ford now. I love my van. I have 2 tether anchors on each of the 3seater benches. I also have anchors on the bottom of both front captains chairs. It makes is to easy to tether the MA RF!!! I love my van....did I just say that twice??? LOL:ROTFLMAO:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
WOW, and here I thought I had a lot of seats in mine!!!!! LOL Yeah, if you have to replace them all next year, I suggest starting NOW...it'll be easier on your wallet for sure! It's taken me 2.5yrs to get all my seats. I currently have six in mine. In my 3rd row, I have 2 MA's outboard and a DC in the center. In my 2nd row, I have a rf BV outboard, rf DC center and when I need it, a Cargo on the access seat. I've also got a TB and a Peg infant seat waiting in the wings. Oh, I've also got a RA...but it's currently in dh's car (rf of course! lol)

BTW, what kind of van is it??? I can't give up my burb though, I need 4x4.

daycaremom2002

It is a Chevy Express 3500 long base van. It will seat 15 people total, with 6 tether anchors and 8 rear passenger shoulder belts and 1 front plus driver. They do make a 12 passenger version also. The gas mileage sucks, but I really like this van. I bought it 2 years ago with almost 65,000 miles. It is the best investment I have made. I use it as my primary vehicle also. It is all I drive. We do have another vehicle for family use, but it is very small(MINI cooper), so we generally use the van.

I have thought about getting some Regents, but I think they would be to wide to fit 3 in a row on those benches. The 2 Cargos and the Futura are a squeeze. I would love to get Britax seats, but they just won't all fit. Plus, I need the kids to be able to climb in themselves, and the seats up on bases just don't accomodate this! :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC