GN vs TF THS

flick37

Hi,

So, I have just realized that DD, approx 48 inches, 56lbs, almost 7, has outgrown her GN, as the straps for the THS are no longer above or even with her shoulders.

I then got her to sit in her True Fit to check, and the harness slots look like they are even with her shoulders??

Does this seem right? Should I just have her in a booster for both vehicles, or keep her in the TF for a bit longer?

Here are some pictures of her harnessed in the GN:

And here are some of her in the TF:

Would you say the TF is still okay to use? I thought the GN had higher THS than the TF, so I am a bit surprised that she would still fit the TF and not the GN.

Thanks!!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The TrueFit looks like it has a tiny amount of space (maybe... it looks REALLY close. In the first photo, it appread that there is a tiny amount of space, but in the second photo, it looks as if the straps are even with, or even slightly below, her shoulders), but the GN DEFINITELY looks outgrown. The difference could be just the angle of the seat in the car, or the vehicle itself.

At age 7, I would definitely just booster her. :)

flick37

Yeah, you are probably right. I wanted to keep her harnessed as long as possible, and I guess I have! We are taking a trip that involves 3 hours of driving, and wonder if I should use the TF for that trip, then booster her?? I want her to be in the safest seat possible, and if it isn't the TF, then I will definitely booster her.

jess71903

Ambassador
Are you sure that you're sure that you're sure that you are using the top slots on the Nauti? They like to hide at the very tip top and get missed a lot.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I want her to be in the safest seat possible, and if it isn't the TF, then I will definitely booster her.

For a seven-year-old, we don't actually know that a harness is any safer (or less safe) than a properly-used booster. The research on which is safer seems to contradict one another, so we just don't know.

flick37

I remember reading about that here. I'm just not sure what to do. Keep her harnessed in the GN, or switch to booster? Or keep it harnessed for our trip, then booster it? Maybe I'll switch out her TF for a booster and let DS use it? With the mariposa cover :)

Decisions, decisions!

thepote

I remember reading about that here. I'm just not sure what to do. Keep her harnessed in the GN, or switch to booster? Or keep it harnessed for our trip, then booster it? Maybe I'll switch out her TF for a booster and let DS use it? With the mariposa cover :)

Decisions, decisions!

Has she been riding in a booster occasionally and "booster training"? Has she ever fallen asleep in a booster? If not I probably would have her harnessed during your trip so you know she will sit properly if she falls asleep. Also, you can't beat the Nautilus on trips with those storage armrests for all their little toys :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC