Question rearfacing question

wlangston

My daughter meets the weight requirement to continue to be rear facing, but exceeds the height requirement. does this mean I have to go ahead and turn her forward facing? I would really like to keep her rear facing until the maximum weight which is 5 pounds more than what she is.

ADS

Phineasmama

Yes, you definitely need to turn her or buy another seat that she fits in longer. You have to follow both the weight and height requirements for the seat.

Which seat do you have?

wlangston

I have the Evenflo tribute sport convertible seat. My inlaws bought it and I feel bad getting new because I know it will offend them but safety is very important to me

MommyShannon

Unfortunately that seat doesn't last long rf or ff so you will need a new seat at some point. How tall is your daughter? I'd go ahead and buy a seat to continue rf longer.

soph's mom

Just tell them she got too big for it... It's not like you're stopping use of it bc you didn't like the pattern or something... They should understand :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How old/tall is your kiddo (Well, I'm guessing 37", that's the height limit for the Tribute, right?), do you have a particular budget in mind for a new seat? And what car do you have? We can help you find something that will fit her better, longer. It was kind of them to get you a seat, but they should hopefully understand your explanation about why it won't work for her right now.

wlangston

I went ahead and ordered her the same one I ordered for my youngest just today and it goes up to 40 pounds rear facing and is considered one of the top of the line safety.

1mommy

Hopefully if you explain that its a great car seat and your going to use it again for her once shes ff they wont be offended.

wlangston

Well she already almost exceeds the forward facing height limit so I'm guessing we won't be able to use it even for that with her

1mommy

Oh then, lol, well shes completely outgrown it seems like a good reason to switch car seats.... if they don't understand that then I don't know what would make it better.

wlangston

I tend to tick off a lot of people for my parenting ways and I know they're going to say I'm just overreacting because nobody gets the importance of car seat safety. it drove them nuts that she was still rear facing anyway. just the other day they ask me why she still was. they act like I'm just making up the whole leaving rear facing longer is safer but oh well it's our kids. have even had family who deleted me from facebook because they don't like my parenting ways.

Athena

I'm sorry they give you a hard time about it. If they can't understand the need for her to be in a seat that's not outgrown, well there's only so much you can do about that. That's wonderful that you're keeping her Rfing!!! Glad to hear you found a seat that will work well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC